• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'96 XJ Country $1,700.00

CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1996 Green/Silver Country Edition Cherokee. 4.0 liter, auto. Very clean with no rust, high miles, burns no oil and just passed iMass.inspection which 'aint easy! New rear brakes, windshield, serpentine belt, front shocks and starter. Runs great but I haven't gotten around to do a tune-up. Still has the rear deck curtain! I had planned to lift this XJ and wheel it but that never happened, plus it almost looks too good to scrape up (kidding).

I have another (93) Cherokee, a Bronco, a Sable and a van. I need to make room in my driveway! I'm looking to get only what I have into it which is $1,700 but I'm willing to talk... a little. I see that similar XJ's are $500-$1,000 more than I am asking.

I live in Whitman, MA at RT. 18 and 27. About a 1/2 hour south of Boston.

1 781 447-4674 home 1 617 347-9027 cell, ask for Derek.

http://strengthsystems.blogspot.com/ I put 1 picture on my (newly created blog)

Last edited:
Is $1,700 too much? I'm willing to go lower. I guess the mileage doesn't bother me because it runs/drives so nice. Hell, you can't buy a '96 Ford Taurus for $1,700!

Question though. A guy who drove 2 hours (each way) to see it said it wasn't what he was looking for because the bumpers are chrome and they should be body-trim color (silver). One, is that a BIG DEAL? And two, is that even a certainty? Seeing as it's a 'Country" edition?

The body is clean enough to be in a Jeep brochure.

Back