• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 4.0 engine, complete & runs great

How many miles on it?
Are you the original owner?
Why are you selling it?

the jeep was rolled 1 roll in a driveway and landed on it's wheels, body is totaled, the engine runs great and buyer can hear it run and we can even drive the jeep if needed, i bought the jeep from a friend and he drove it pretty much all on highway trips from sylva to charlotte and it has 120k. engine very clean and i will email you a picture if you want. this is complete and will include alternator, AC compressor, power steering, starter, wiring and fuel line stuff, if you feel it's engine related it will come with the engine.

i think that was it but if you need further please ask, i am parting the complete jeep so thr rest of the drivetrain is available if needed. feel free to come hear it run or drive it.

Last edited:
Whats the deal with the tranny?

resq229 said:
works perfect, i just did not list it yet because im not sure which
transmission it has in it.
If it is an XJ and an auto it has the aw4.

Is the dark gray look almost black? If so, it is called "Agate" and thats the color I am looking for both rear interior side trim panels that go under each rear window. Also, if you wanna sell the head, holler at me.

Chris @ GATR said:
Is the dark gray look almost black? If so, it is called "Agate" and thats the color I am looking for both rear interior side trim panels that go under each rear window. Also, if you wanna sell the head, holler at me.

yea, seems it is very dark, almost black color, i will check the condition of them and let you know, pm me an offer on the head and if i decide to part it i will let you know. thanks

I need an engine but at $500 I can get a whole jeep. :)

I need an engine but at $500 I can get a whole jeep. :)

Exactly.

Well, seems i have not received an offer from either of you, do you want it complete?
do you want the long block? do you wanna come hear it run and pull it your self?

Tell me whats on your mind and don't be afraid to make an offer as the add does not say
price firm, Im not looking to retire off of this part out, so make offers.

Last edited:
Chris @ GATR said:

i do have those panels you need, they look pretty good but the cargo pocket net is not too great. i also posted links to pics of the engine and the whole jeep.

let me know, also need your offer on the head incase i do part the engine.
thanks

Back