• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Belt length with no AC?

Kristof2

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched on here and come to the conclusion that my AC clutch is bad. So I need to replace the whole compressor/clutch assembly. Is there a shorter belt that I can run until I get the new compressor?

Kris

I think you will run into routing problems if you try to bypass the A/C compressor without further modification....but good luck,maybe someone else will chime in.

Yeah, you would need the AC-delete bracket and pulley. And they're not easy to find.

I read on here about the pulleys are available at NAPA. They are closed so I called a few other stores but I had no luck.

Kris

The pulley may be available. But I think the AC-delete bracket is a factory item (could be wrong).

you can use an bracket from a zj IIRC, it sells at napa for something like 15 bucks. or go to a pick and pull and just look a at few. we found bunches of them here close to home.

anybody have a part number? I have been to all the local parts stores and they don't seem to know.

Kris

Back