• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coming to SoCal Fest? Let us know your plans!

What are your SoCal Fest plans?

• Friday runs

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Saturday runs

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Saturday night dinner & raffle

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • Sunday maintenance

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Camping at Serrano

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Sequoia's a jerk.

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
So you decided to be cool and come on out to Big Bear to attend NAXJA's SoCal Fest 2010, good job! To make the event run smoother we'd like to have a rough idea of how many folks are going to be there, please read the below descriptions and then vote in the above poll by checking off each box.

Friday Runs You'll be at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 9:00 am to take part in Friday's trail runs.
Saturday Runs You'll be at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 9:00 am to take part in Saturday's train runs.
Saturday Night Dinner & Raffle You'll be at Serrano Campgrounds in the Evening Star (furthest back) loop at around 6:30 pm for the dinner with raffle to follow.
Sunday Maintenance You'll be at the Big Bear Ranger Station at 9:00 am to take part in the 2N04 Adopt-A-Trail maintenance.
Camping at Serrano You've made reservations to camp at Serrano for part of or the entire event.

Thanks for letting us know, this will make sure we have all our plans laid out well in advance for a smooth and happy event!

If for whatever reason you need to back out after you have submitted a vote please reply to this thread indicating which choice you will no longer be attending (so we can subtract that number from the totals).

where's there's Carol, Karen's not too far behind :)
:laugh: Yeah, I reserved a Serrano double site for Thur, Fri, & Sat nights. I will probably be getting there between 8 & 9pm Thursday, but if it's a "no overtime" day at work, I'll get there about 6 or 7pm. Hopefully we can find somewhere to stash the Egg trailer on Sunday after checkout time, as trail maintenance is the plan for that day....

I'm going to be there relatively early Thursday, thru relatively late Sunday.

i will be going but i havent reserved a site due to funding... but it will get done

come on peepz! Post up and vote in the poll. We need to know how many ppl will be running the trails and chowing down.

I'm doing the usual: Coming up Friday, sitting around at camp just waiting until it's "crack a beer time", getting loaded, driving Saturday's trails all hungover and shaky, getting loaded Saturday night at the raffle, and then driving home Sunday even more hungover and shaking badly.

:D Win.

looks like we'll have a good turnout for the trail maintenance! Please submit your poll if you are attending as we need to know in advance

I get back to Ca on the 6th. Last time I was home, my Jeep had a dead battery, something's draining it.

If I can fix it in time, I may show. I also need to get my new trans mount on, replace a unit bearing, and figure out why I keep breaking belts.

Be there at 9AM Friday, gotta leave Sunday morning and make it back for Mother's Day brunch tho.

Be there at 9AM Friday, gotta leave Sunday morning and make it back for Mother's Day brunch tho.

I'll happily skip a Mother's Day brunch & do AAT...trying to talk my daughter/s into driving up Friday night & joining me up there (I arrive Thurs a.m. & they don't want to miss school--they are weird. Actually, AP classes & heavy homework, but they're still weird!).

well, been awhile since i've had the ol' TRALE B8 out. coming up on saturday and will stay for the raffle. At 340,000 miles on the bad boy, it doesn't have much left in the old unibody so i'm figuring it's getting be be time to retire the thang. looking forward to seeing everyone.

well, been awhile since i've had the ol' TRALE B8 out. coming up on saturday and will stay for the raffle. At 340,000 miles on the bad boy, it doesn't have much left in the old unibody so i'm figuring it's getting be be time to retire the thang. looking forward to seeing everyone.

Yay Mikey!!! It'll be good to see you again!

Will be arriving Friday sometime during the day to set up camp and drink. plan for Saturday runs, Saturday night raffle/dinner, and then Sunday trail maintenance day. Then to go home and die from exhaustion, dehydration, malnutrition, and alcohol poisoning. Sounds like a awesome weekend.

peace
ted

Will be arriving Friday sometime during the day to set up camp and drink Kool-Aid. plan for Saturday runs, Saturday night raffle/dinner, and then Sunday trail maintenance day. Then to go home and die from exhaustion, dehydration, malnutrition, and diabetic coma from all the Kool-Aid. Sounds like a awesome weekend.

peace
ted

Fixed it for ya, man. :yap:

Got to get the jeep done....