• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Make your camping reservations now!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The time has come to make your camping reservations for SoCalFest. As usual we will be taking over a portion of Serrano Campgrounds, since we are not officially renting out the venue in order to keep us all in the same place you need to place your reservation early.

Our group will be in the furthest back loop, the Evening Star loop, in order to keep us away from other campers (although we'll still have to keep the volume down). Just go to Recreation.gov and reserve your space for Serrano Campground (the link should take you directly there). Select a site between 067 - 101 to stay in our loop.

Here is a summary for the more ADD folks...

Main Camp: Serrano Campgrounds
Sites to Reserve: 067 - 101 (Evening Star Loop)
Reservations: Recreation.gov
NAXJA Base Camp (dinner, raffle, etc): Sites 081/082 and 084/084 (two doubles)

Remember that you must have all vehicles parked on pavement at all times in Serrano, this rule is strictly enforced. Your registration fee includes one vehicle and trailer per single site, passes for one additional vehicle are available for a nominal fee. Pets must be on leashes and if your dog leaves it behind you pick it up! Also the speed limit on the camp road is slow and enforced. Last checkout time is somewhere around noon, when we are on site I will see if we can get that relaxed but no promises.

Let's follow the rules and keep Serrano staff on our side! The more they like us the more freedom we'll have.

Last edited:
One more thing:

Due to recent snow Serrano is slated to be closed until March 1, 2010 so calling them is not an option. All reservations must be done through the above website.

I'll be at site 80.... now I just have to finish putting that nifty Treks lift kit on and buy some tires... :)

Ah good, glad it was one of us that got that (I noticed that it had been taken recently).

Don't let it stop you if you don't get the lift and tire on, this event will be guaranteed STOCKER FRIENDLY, in fact I might end up driving my little Jeep to the event.

Ah good, glad it was one of us that got that (I noticed that it had been taken recently).

Don't let it stop you if you don't get the lift and tire on, this event will be guaranteed STOCKER FRIENDLY, in fact I might end up driving my little Jeep to the event.

Actually my Jeep is already sitting on jackstands in my garage with both axles regeared, awaiting their rightful place under the 5.5 inch Treks Long Arm/ Rear 4-link Coil Conversion- no stockers for me this year, unless I can convince the wife to wheel the Grand... but I am looking forward to hitting the harder trails this year.

I just missed 79, and got 78 instead :D

Double Site 76/77... my Jeep & the Egg, Karen & her tent, and probably others...

are you all doing friday and sat night?

No.

I'll be there Thursday through Sunday nights :D Although I'll probably only be in the NAXJA HQ double site for Friday and Saturday nights.

Yea - I'm trying to see if my buddy can do the Road the 18-19 (taking off Monday by driving out LATE on the 17 after my event (or meet him there) to camp @ Avi). Then I'd be down to drive up to Big Bear to DO WORK, SON!

Back