• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled my jeep.. now need help rebuilding

Finished up tracking a few electrical issues and finished cross bracing on the roll cage --
url]

url]

finally tracked down a few remaining electrical issues, finished swapping out the old 350sbc in favor of a brand new zz6, and finished cross-bracing on the roll cage

14o89as.jpg

29niasj.jpg

20190404-102338.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible restorations man... Hope you've gotten some more wheel time!!

Incredible restorations man... Hope you've gotten some more wheel time!!

Thanks... just want to get some break-in on the new motor before I take it out. definitely this summer.

Are the rear seats with head rest the '88 stockers?

What?

Did nobody read Nealio's post??

I am giving him credit for being the first one.

As to the years the body changed, '96 is the last year of the early version, '97 the first year of the late model.

That said, there are some body differences between the Renix years and the HO years, but AFAIK they are all minor things such as the header panel/grill and the roof racks.

Put me down as thinking your best bet is to get a new chassis/body and transfer things over. I will even go as far as saying that you should start with plating and a cage on the new chassis, then transfer parts over. Perhaps in the interim you can cut the roof off the old one and go topless for the summer, and call that motivation to hurry up and get the new chassis ready for the transfer before the weather changes.

Id hate to roll a topless jeep..

Thats a bummer dude, sorry for you. Id find a chassis to swap to. consider smog rules when swapping, changing the year motor in chassis can lead to smog and street legalness problems. In Calif Id likely need same year or earlier chassis for my current motor year, and even then, I may still need to have the swap "certified by the governor".

Glad there was no injury story to go with this, that is what really counts here. seatbelts?

Um... If you see the pics above and on the previous page... Youd see the OP had it fixed... And not just fixed but fixed amazingly

Id hate to roll a topless jeep..

Thats a bummer dude, sorry for you. Id find a chassis to swap to. consider smog rules when swapping, changing the year motor in chassis can lead to smog and street legalness problems. In Calif Id likely need same year or earlier chassis for my current motor year, and even then, I may still need to have the swap "certified by the governor".

Glad there was no injury story to go with this, that is what really counts here. seatbelts?

IT's already finished. Actually finished a few months ago.

no one hurt.. not even a scratch, very slow roll, and both passenger and I were wearing our seatbelts. Would have been a lot worse if we weren't

Oh, now I see, you did a very nice looking repair, great job. Glad no one was hurt, and the jeep was repaired! I have tilt gage on my dash, any time it is greater than 15 I get a bit concerned, I was told the jeep would roll if I got to the mid 20 degree range. That is what freaks me out the most, a roll over.

thanks. Rolls are almost inevitable as you get progressively more and more aggressive, the question really is whether you're prepared for the roll. Sadly, I was not.

ps my 1990 jeep looks much like yours did, but it is not as highly modified by far. there were factory twins maybe at on time!

lol.. mine started out as a baby blue Laredo, with grey plaid cloth interior.
At this point, I honestly thing the only thing on the truck that's original is the gas cap cover, the steering wheel, and some of the sheet metal in the engine bay. Every thing interior and exterior has been replaced at some point.

responding to another post, realized tinypic is now defunct, all my pics are gone, just re-posting the previously posted pics using another service:

Before pics-- the roll:

2u6laqa_zps8qpjxvxp.jpg

20170625_161745_zps73qtv3e7.jpg

20170626_142338_zpscs6rsjar.jpg

During the rebuild:
02a_zps0oeni4f4.jpg

005_zpsbgaizfjv.jpg

006_zpsohtxqp8n.jpg

and... after:
20170901_140806_zpsu4xdceiq.jpg

20170901_140814_zpsdvxwbprt.jpg

now2_zpsaggla02u.jpg