• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA, You Rock!

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
So, to say I had a good time this weekend would be horribly understated. To say I had one of the best times of my life would be about right.

Aimee and John, you two are about as nutty as they come. Thanks for the good times around the fire! The snorts were a definite plus! ;)

Josh, as always, was cool as hell to hang around, and a pleasure to know. You are still on joke detention, though. :D

Ted, you are a nutcase and a half! Friday night tore us all up, so no bigee on not drankin' with us on Saturday night. You missed some GOOD times, though, man. The chit was off the hook at main camp!

Dan Gerr, YOU, sir, are a pretty cool individual. I'm glad we got a chance to finally talk, and set some things straight. Thanks for sharing your ENTIRE bottle of whiskey with me, too. I haven't been that hammered in a GOOD while lol. Yer welcome at my camp any time.

Rick and Bonnie, thanks a bunch for the effort you put into the dinner. It was extremely good to eat, and it actually kept me full for a long time, which is a hard feat to accomplish hahaha! Was good to see you again, man!

RobertK, you didn't really do anything cool, but I figure I had better thank you because you are huge and pretty intimidating. :D Okay, okay, j/k. Thanks a TON for all your raffle donations and support, and for the conversation, as well. You are a cool dude, and I'm glad to be on your good side. *hehehehe!*

Jeremy and Iliyah (I probably butchered that...), thanks for all the good times. You two were a pleasure to share camp with, and THANK YOU THANK YOU for cluing me into Modest Mouse. What a cool group! Sorry I had to bail to bed early on Sunday, but my poor body had been abused pretty hard for the past two nights lol. I was starting to see things move out of the corner of my eyes. :D Good conversations, good tunes, good peeps. I hope your trip home goes well! :)

Thanks to Wolverine (Sean) for the entertainment at Gatekeeper, and for the AWESOME company at main camp Saturday night. Yer a cool dude, man! Thanks for the stoggies, too, bro. :)

Carol and friends, it was an honor to be able to cause the loss of THE GAME in person. Oh, wait. Did that just happen? :D But really, Carol and company are AWESOME people, and it's always fun to hang around with ya!

Santa, YOU know how to light a campfire! I've never seen the Coffee can full of fuel and a MAPP torch approach before, but it sure was entertaining! Thanks for letting me desecrate your camp for a while. :)

Avery, I love your rig, man! Thanks for the chit chat and for letting me drool shamelessly over your MJ. Did I hear that you wanna stroke that thing?

Sequoia, thanks for taking the raffle prize pictures, and being generally cool. Okay, yer a jerk. Wait, what? I liked your little trailer—it fits well behind your rig.

To everyone else who made this event possible, I humbly and sincerely thank you. It was nice to meet a LOT of new people this weekend, and to see the familiar faces who already know to steer clear of me after a 12 pack. :D The Gold Mountain run was fun as hell, and everyone did a great job.

SoCalFest 2010 was a HUGE success. Both my body and my rig will suffer for weeks because of it, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Last edited:
Your turn to lose, Skwerly!! Game on!

And I agree that it was a great weekend, and it was a blast all the way around!

:cheers:

You should know that I love to stroke things :D

I am hoping by the end of June it'll be running and ready for a new test run. :repair:

D-rek, YOu ahd the spelling close, but it is I-L-I-A. At least you pronounce it right.
Oh BTW.. do you like ladies?!
:cheers:

You should know that I love to stroke things :D

I am hoping by the end of June it'll be running and ready for a new test run. :repair:
Hey, Derek came out of the closet on saturday! Ha!

LOL! Chump.

You guys made it home! Awesome! Hope the drive went well! We gotta come up and have beachfest sometime! :)
Yes, we hung out in Ventura for a while b/c traffic was backed up. We took a short detour on the hwy 1 stretch towards sb, and found out that there was construction and there was only 1 f'n lane open! But I picked up an inverter that also has a 12 pass thru and usb port (= I needed to charge my phone.
But other than the the drive was smooth. Jsut the typical mentally handicrapped drivers about.

How about some Wendy's then?

Your first time wheeling with him I presume :D He does that every trip. Feed him enough booze and he'd hump a.... well anything. :D

Sounds like you guys had a good time.
Yeah, first time I met most there. Other than the fact that him and John X pulled their pants down by the fire to compare, well TMI but you seem to know him better than I, haha.
I had a blast, and seems like most there did as well.
For the record, D-rek loves the "expletive deleted"!

There is a reason Derek's nick name is SKWERLY! Or is it Skwerly's nick name is Derek.....oh well, you get the idea.hahahaha!

glad ur rig made it through bro!!! next thing is out hatches lol and the rear brakes!!!

Back