• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

I PROMISE I WILL BE IN THE GARAGE TOMORROW!, lol...

But I am more looking at buying the SXII's now, I'm am just going to run steel wheels with weld on beadlocks...

I've been praising my Miller 211 for a long time...i loved it... Until I finally had garage time and something in it won't get gas to the gun........... Bottle it's good, still has 1500psi, regulator works great anywhere from 5-50 psi going in.... None coming out...

I've been praising my Miller 211 for a long time...i loved it... Until I finally had garage time and something in it won't get gas to the gun........... Bottle it's good, still has 1500psi, regulator works great anywhere from 5-50 psi going in.... None coming out...

I finally deep throated the gun(yes make jokes) and blew as hard as I could(yes make jokes) and I got gas out of the gun...at this point I'm frustrated. :flame:No progress...:flame:

My Hobart does the same thing from time to time. I usually disconnect the whole whip and take the gun apart and blow compressed air through it all then it works again. Dirty wire seems to clog it up.

Progress before 6 months of no progress:

Took some off the bottom...over-all I think the ballistic kits was so-so. Believe it or not the customer service was top notch though. A couple of the holes had to be widened on the lower skid segment, a few more hole around the cover were off by a little bit and had to be drilled out, the lower left hole in the pictures had to be re-tapped after welding because it collapsed from the heat from the welding...I think if it were an 1/8-1/4" more toward the center the heat from the weld wouldn't effect it as much.

IMG_0382_zpsme9ikhjq.jpg

IMG_0383_zps6rqvn4uc.jpg

IMG_0384_zps1yr3pjyk.jpg

Didn't measure but I was really nervous about the ring gear gap after it was all said and done...roughly 1/8-3/16" gap though...hopefully I don't come down hard on it.
IMG_0385_zpsijtwzqle.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know a company that I can source new hubs and have them re-drill to 8x6.5 pattern? Some of the local shops I have talked to are nervous about re-drilling the stock hubs so that I can have a matching bolt pattern. Also, I am deployed so it usually helps to face-to-face this kind of request...Thanks in advance.

Anyone know a company that I can source new hubs and have them re-drill to 8x6.5 pattern? Some of the local shops I have talked to are nervous about re-drilling the stock hubs so that I can have a matching bolt pattern. Also, I am deployed so it usually helps to face-to-face this kind of request...Thanks in advance.

I would call East Coast Gear Supply. I bet they have a hub on the shelf for what you need. They donated to the Crawl this year I believe. They are my first call for axle stuff.

Branik Motorsports does it.

My uncle did my 05+ 60 hubs and rotors at his machine shop. I haven't put studs in yet but I'm sure it will be fine. He does good work. Yeah

I don't know how, I forgot about Branik. ECGS got back to me, it will happen with either of the two... Just need to figure out which works for me. Thanks for the reminder.

So, photobucket sucks...I will need to figure out a new photo hosting site. Got back from a 6 month deployment yesterday and my wife had a present waiting for me. 15/42-17 TSL SXII's. After I get some of the money in from the deployment I am going to buy lockers/gears/hubs and hopefully brakes.

So, photobucket sucks...I will need to figure out a new photo hosting site. Got back from a 6 month deployment yesterday and my wife had a present waiting for me. 15/42-17 TSL SXII's. After I get some of the money in from the deployment I am going to buy lockers/gears/hubs and hopefully brakes.
Welcome back!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

X2! I've tried Imgur and Flikr and dont like either as much as PB.

Three threads I've viewed in a row, people have been discussing the PB issue. They signed their own death warrant. I have always used Imgur without issue.

Would hate to see a thread like this go away more or less.

I'm going give those a shot on my MacBook later, hopefully I can recover the older photos. I'll upload some via imgur later today. I'm spending family time right now, but I plan on getting in the garage soon.

Back