• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who's run Spring Creek?

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
I found the page on TD and read through all of it and looked at the pics and vids, it looks pretty fun. Is there anything I should know about it that TD doesn't tell me?

I just got home from running this, my jeep is not lifted with 29s, but I have full skids and lockers. The trail was pretty wet and it's quite a handful, but I managed to run the whole thing without body damage and no pulls.
-Nate

edit: I don't know exactly what TD says, but when you start the trail right away there's a switchback up to the right, don't take that, stay straight. Also, well, I'd just go with someone who's run it before, there are a lot of random turnoffs that confused even our fearless leader. Also, getting down was a bit confusing for us, so make sure you have an idea of how you want to get down, we could just be dimwits though too. Good luck. I found this trail a lot more fun than chinaman gulch although similarly challenging.

Last edited:
I found the page on TD and read through all of it and looked at the pics and vids, it looks pretty fun. Is there anything I should know about it that TD doesn't tell me?

Ran it twice this year, 1st attempt got snowed out at the rock garden, 2nd attempt a month or so later finished it.

Would suggest not a stocker, specially without armor. 3rd obstacle and the rock garden are the hardest and the 1st obstacle the wall slab is not actually part of spring creek trail but is always ran with it to start and pretty hard as well.

Links;

NAXJA thread of 2nd attempt.

Traildriven 2nd attempt videos.

Taildriven 1st attempt videos.

NAXJA thread of 1st attempt.

I had a great spotter and a good line through the rock garden, but there's a bypass for most of it too, I certainly found that to be most intimidating. The 1st obstacle was the most frustrating to me but it was just WET and really hard to get momentum, just lots of pointless tire spinning with mud packed ATs. It should be dry all week and I'd imagine a bit easier. The 3rd obstacle has a good line that seems to work well for the XJ, but if you fall off it, as I did, you can get hosed REALLY fast. Open diffs would be miserable and no skids/rockers would be unwise in my opinion.
-Nate

Great, thanks for all the info and those links. I've run Chinaman 3 times this year and had no real trouble on it, and I was looking for something around that level but a bit closer to home. I'm sitting at ~4.5" on 33" muds and my bud that I'm probably goin with is at ~5" with 31" all terrains. We're plannin on going in the next couple weeks.
What will the trail look like this time of year?

Back