• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday night dinner

OK I'll make Chili... should be a reasonably big pot! I can re-heat over fire or charcoal. If needed I could bring my propane base for my Turkey fryer that will heat it fine.Then we can cook down in Xterra camp. Maybe somebody bring something to go with it... corn bread, rolls? ;)
I'm also going to bring Bodin for breakfast as I want to check out this local place here in Robinson. Maybe we can compare with any other brought. Friday night I think I'll head to Bodasious or somewhere out in town.

Are we still talking about going to Xterra camp now? You and I will be in the bunkhouse. Patrick and his family will have the cabin.

Errbody else: you want to be in improved RV area like a few years ago (the cold ass ROM with official chia speed nightmare) or down at xterra?

OK I can make Chili I assume enough for all of us. My recipe I have from when my old club did this is for 60 :) I need a guesstimate on numbers so I can break out my slide-rule and modify the recipe. BOD can you make a guess after registration starts. I notice those registered come and others may wait too long to decide for me to count ;)

Will, I will heatup at bunkhouse do not really care where we eat or hang out. I just thought some would still be camping at Xterra. Can you camp by the RV if nobody has a spot there?

So what is the final on this? I'm wondering how much food I should bring.

OK my Chili will only be for the "Men" in the crowd ;) Maybe I need to get some dogs or sausage or something for the others that don't like Chili? My wife says it's too spicy for her :)
Heck there is a store we can pick up stuff there that we may have forgot anyway.

Oh and Patrick the place here that made real Boudan is closed for Spring Break :( I can't get any unless HEB sells it.

68d3acf1742ffb0f5cc068d0660619bc.jpg

I'm bringing this guy with me

HEB sells boudin but it's only fair. I mean...it's better than no boudin.

I almost picked some up at heb this morning.

You two are so close to the LA border. Y'all can't find anything legit?

Back