• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sandstone Canyon

Jump This

Just another minion!
I have my wife's aunt out from Minnesota (she left with 3' of snow on the ground) and decided to take her on a tour of the Fish Creek area of Anza Borrego State Park.
Now some of you know this, but there is a side canyon called Sandstone. It wasn't on my maps I got from the park, but I had been there before and find it to be one of the most beautiful places out there.
After driving into it for some time it starts to get rougher and rougher. Since I was alone with the family I decided not to keep on going when it started to get very rough.
We turned around and on the way back I ran into Karstic. I asked his crew about weather or not it was even passable, they said yes, but only if I had a winch...
If that wasn't a challenge issued I don't know what is!
So this is what I intend to do. On March 31st. (last Saturday of the month) I am heading into the canyon to give it a go.
I need a couple of others who want to try it with me.
I'm thinking that you would want to be locked F/R with 35's. I would bet that someone with a rear locker and tires as small as 33 could do it with a little help, but I don't know for sure.
This canyon gets as narrow as your Jeep with shear cliff walls. It is worth the trip just to see it.
Let me know who wants to go.
It would be a one day run.
Rick R.

sounds fun but I'm not at that point yet.... someday

Back