• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 sources

teamdescent

NAXJA Forum User
sorry, but I have searched around here and i am sure one of you will have a link in about 2 seconds and I will feel lika an idiot but I was wondering what vehicles are the best sources for a 8.8? I would like discs but don't care about the rest as it will be getting regeared and locked soon. I was hoping to go freeze my ass off in a few yards tomorrow and would like to know what the heck I am looking for :)

also, I have a friend of mine who has an old zlink lift off his f250(new 7in lift on it now, that thing is huge), it is now in a pile and broken but the old control arms are about 3in. in dia., seem beefy as hell, in good shape and they also use the same size bushings. he has the brackets and i could weld them on with little effort and they seem like they are about the right lenth judging from pics of longarm setups. the thing I am wondering, does it matter how long the CA's are? they seem close but i was curious how specific these need to be. also, these arms have the stock style bushings(rubber w/ metal sleeve inside) and it seems most long arms have the eye looking things(obviously have no idea what they are called and too lazy to look up now) and hoping that wouldn't be a problem.

any info would be appretiated.
(as well as spelling lessons apparently)
(where's my spell check???)

Ford Explorer is the best source.... you'll get good gearing (4.10 or 3.73 in some), disc brakes, almost the right width for an XJ as well.

If you dont care about discs, any year is good, I think 96+ is what you look for if you want discs

You can also find them under Mercury Mountaineers.

vegas_baja said:

X2!

I found 4 pages of them today for as little as $200 in 4.10 gearing, discs and under 90K miles on them. I just wish the ZR2s '98 and newer were that plentiful for my other toy.

teamdescent said:
cool, i'll see if i can pull an american graffiti on one in a parking lot somewhere. ;)

seeing as another member here had that happen to his d44, I dont find it very funny

vegas_baja said:

car part is a good source for locating the parst, dont rely on the prices on there, or accuarcy of what they currently have in stock.

Back