• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97 Grand for a grand

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Selling our old '97 ZJ Limited. It's got the 5.2L V8/44RE/NP249 T-case.

The good:
Interior looks fairly decent, I'd give it an 8 out of 10
For the most part the paint looks good, 7 out of 10
Runs and drives great (wife was driving it daily before we parked it in favor of the red '95)
Viscous coupler in the T-case still works fine
Transmission was fully rebuilt roughly 15,000 miles ago (including remanufactured torque converter)
Lots and lots of new parts with receipts for everything going back through the previous owner
Comes with Chrysler factory service manual
Clear title in hand
Lower plenum seal replaced
New headliner

The bad:
231,000 miles on it
All the plastic parts on the outside could use repainting
Engine has a lifter tick every once in a while (been that way for the last 4 years)
Rear end has the usual noise as most Dana 44a's do (it's been this way since we bought it over 6 years ago-hasn't gotten any worse)
The front axle will need an offset ball joint installed on the passenger's side (all the ball joints are new but it's still not right...too much positive camber)
I haven't tuned it up since '09 so it's time for that to be done
Tires will need to be replaced sometime soon
Needs to have motor mounts installed (I have a new set in the box you can have with the purchase)

Overall this has been a great car for us, but since we bought the red '95 ZJ (and I've finally resolved its issues) it's time to let this one go. Would make a great start for a trail rig or a daily beater.

NAXJA paying member price is $1,000 firm (non NAXJA paying members $1200)

Last edited:
Back