• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slummin' NWFest

black89xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, even though I am new to Seattle and getting settled in to my new job, and I dont have a permanent (as it gets) place to live here, I decided to go to NWFest anyways. :cool: Now, the only gotcha is I aint got no camping gear with me. Dont have mutch in the way of spares, either. Dont want to head back to the Great Stinkin' Desert just for that! So Howard, I wont have a spare lower hose....

So, its either head up just for Saturday (and dinner) or slum with someone. Anyone have room in their tent or RV? Just me, I can run down to wal mart and get a sleeping bag and some pads.

--Karl

Re: Slumin' NWFest

I am sure I have at least two spare tents also. Just PM me if you need me to bring anything.

Michael

2xtreme said:
I am sure I have at least two spare tents also. Just PM me if you need me to bring anything.

Michael

Hey Michael, have you installed an airbag on your winch yet? Gotta be prepared, you know...

--Karl

If you end up down in my area, I've also got a few Extra tents sitting around.

I won't be there this year.

black89xj said:
Hey Michael, have you installed an airbag on your winch yet? Gotta be prepared, you know...

--Karl

Sorry Karl, No airbag. The winch hasn't gotten any smaller either ;)

Maybe I could wrap some pool noodles around all the tube for ya :D

I look forward to seeing you there.
Michael

Sorry, but this thread reminded me about the single funniest moment at NWFest last year: After Karl's close encounter with Michaels winch, Mark raced over to give aid to the fallen Jeeper. After a few trial runs at diagnosing Karl, Mark asked "How many fingers am I holding up?" and displayed an assortment of digits.

Karl, having had enough of Mark's bedside manner, replied with a single of his own fingers...the middle one. :D I think we all laughed for a few minutes, mainly in relief knowing that Karl was probably okay if he could come up with somehting that funny. Good times, good times.

-----Matt-----

Heh. Well it turns out, I dont think I am going to be able to go this year. 8-( Work calls. Next monday I am heading to San Francisco for two months. Work. Ugh. Got too much to do.

Have a good fun and safe time without me.

--Karl

Heh. Well plans changed again....this san fran fiasco changed twice today. Basically I WILL be able to do just saturday up at Liberty and come back to the emerald city after dinner....

--k

Back