• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cleghorn report

explorerxj

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody if you went to cleghorn today, I think you all saw a white xj with broken headlamb and grill that was me, i got headed on by a motor cycle and i have to gave him a ride to the fire station , it was a nasty cut , his knee broke my headlamb he lost alot of blood but he was ok ,, i hope , his bike broke , what a bummm but everyone was ok, this is my first time out there and this is happining , i don't know if i should go back there again anytimes soon

Damn! I am glad he and you are OK.

What the story? Was it his fault? If so, don't worry too much about it being bad luck on your part. Don't let it keep you away from trails.....

well he took the turn way too fast, atleast he admided and he was drinking too, i came to a complete stopped , and he slam into me, but he was a cool guy thou

Hey Man, I saw you coming back with your fornt headlight all mashed up...sucks, You have a good looking rig!

explorerxj said:
well he took the turn way too fast, atleast he admided and he was drinking too, i came to a complete stopped , and he slam into me, but he was a cool guy thou

He is lucky. I have nothing against motorcycle riders, but there is a large portion of those guys that go crazy on the trails. They tear the road up more than any Jeep or 4WD I have seen, and they are not as patient or as friendly as most off-roaders... I know not all riders or wheelers are the same.

Like I said earlier, I am glad averyone is OK.

Don't let this keep from the trail. I will be doing a day run in mid-Nov up in Big Bear again. I am building a TJ for my wife and we shoudl be finished up in about 2 weeks... You are welcome to join us. I will PM you the details once the plans are made.

So how many rigs ended up going today? Did you just to cleghorn or Pilot rock aswell?

we had a total of 6 rigs (I think). 2 stockers. It was a good time. It ended up taking way too long and my wife was getting REAL annoyed after a couple hours of bouncing around but Gianna did great on her first voyage.

I got some major scratches from the brush and gave my stock bumper ends some rash. did some cool stuff.

Hopefully Elias will provide some video....I'll get some pics up later

explorerxj ,we saw you drive by on the 138 and Andy, I think, saw your damage. I thoguht that you were going kind of fast. That's a bummer. Don't let that deter you from going up there. The guy who hit you was probably the same guy who almost hit me as he passed. My passenger Mark, thought that he actually hit me. I couldn't tell because I was flexing and bouncing when he passed.

It was a good run for us. Just some scratches, a couple of flats, and a lot of jokes. :roll: I don't think there was any body damage. It was kind of funny seeing Tony sticking his arm out to stop his XJ from sliding into a wall. :clap: .. LOL.. It was all for the sake of the video.. :shhh:

The two stockers did a good job up there. I was impressed that a stock XJ could do it. It just need a little finessing..

It'll take awhile to edit the video for the bigger project, but I'll see if I can edit a little something something for you guys.. ;) Mark and I are talking about going up there again to get different camera angles. :D

Oh yeah... The 15 frwy was a parking lot on the way back.. DOH..

Elias

IceMan11 said:
It was kind of funny seeing Tony sticking his arm out to stop his XJ from sliding into a wall. :clap: .. LOL.. It was all for the sake of the video.. :shhh:

Elias

Its all for the video!!!

what i should have done is goes riding with you guys instead, my first times out that way , and i found a good friend of my known cleghon very, and i did'nt know how the trail was , so i end up follow him

HUH??

explorerxj said:
what i should have done is goes riding with you guys instead, my first times out that way , and i found a good friend of my known cleghon very, and i did'nt know how the trail was , so i end up follow him

I got some good video (well my wife did). Its on DVD and I don't know how to rip/post it........any help???? The camera she was using was a DVD cam and it recorded on mini DVD.

xjkevin said:

He said that he should have gone with us instead of the other group. It was his first time doing Cleghorn, but his friend knows it very well. Since he didn't know the trail, he had to follow his friend..

LOL.. I had to read it a couple of times to translate.. :)

I don't know how to rip from that kind of dvd.. I'm assumming that the camera came with software to transfer it to your computer..

Elias

nice translation:compwork:

IceMan11 said:
He said that he should have gone with us instead of the other group. It was his first time doing Cleghorn, but his friend knows it very well. Since he didn't know the trail, he had to follow his friend..

LOL.. I had to read it a couple of times to translate.. :)

I don't know how to rip from that kind of dvd.. I'm assumming that the camera came with software to transfer it to your computer..

Elias

pics pics:photo:

tony1.jpg

Back