• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage thread

That will buff out who are you kidding? Or maybe a lot of bondo!

Yeah let's see...

day 1...20 minutes in. Broken rod end on track bar. Then mangled the gas filler door pretty well...but it still works.

day 2 broke driver front brake line...down tto 3 brakes...that don't work. flopped on the passenger side...lost the passenger rear door window, cracked the windshield, pass rear door braely opens, pass front door doesn't open, hood is pushed back to cowl, it's full of dirt, and has a new nickname..."froot loop"...my son had a box of froot loops and then went everywhere and all the metled cooler ice water mushed them all over the jeep.

Special thanks to Travis for haulin' ass on Thursday back to camp for a rod end and even more for loaning us a jeep to get home. Also special thanks to Carmine "Mr fix-it" as he jumped in and damn near did all the 'rigging' to get me off the trail...give the man some vice-grips and zip ties and he can rebuild your motor! LOL

I Just got home about 20 minutes so here is the tally.

Saturdays one and only run but what a great run,

On Helicopter pad I sheared the bolts off the pinion yoke which snapped the rear driveshaft yoke, the DS punched a hole in the floor and destroyed a rock light. Then after that running front wheel drive only with Yellow XJ pulling me to the top of 12, the passenger side Yukon Chromo inner shaft snapped right at the locker.

Thanks to Travis for the D30 shaft and to everyone that gave me a hand with trail repairs. The carnage trophy will have some additional parts for the next lucky winner.

But all is well I did win a Tom Woods gift cert to help off set some cost for a new DS :)

I'll get the video and pics up later this week.

well i feel good that my junk help together (this year) even after bouncing and beating on her pretty hard on slickrock, guardrail, helicopter and schoolbus,
i only had to stop 2x on the 3hr drive home and add air to the leaky trailer tire and luckily the rotten wood floor didn't fall out and leave my jeep in a mangled pile on the interstate...

Randy, sorry you had such poor luck this trip, they say bad luck comes in 3s so maybe it'll changing soon...

DSC00053.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

looks like i'm replacing the carrier and setting up the gears again now

DSC00061.JPG

043500 said:
Also special thanks to Carmine "Mr fix-it" as he jumped in and damn near did all the 'rigging' to get me off the trail...give the man some vice-grips and zip ties and he can rebuild your motor! LOL

:repair: Tanks Man:)

Randy, step away from everything mechanical! :explosion You need to take some time off and recover. :repair: Remember, we do this for fun and it was a lot of fun!

Good luck, if you want to have a wrench party let me know and I'll be there.

IntrepidXJ said:
DSC00053.JPG

DSC00058.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

looks like i'm replacing the carrier and setting up the gears again now

DSC00061.JPG

Back