• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 XJ 4.5" lift, 4.88 selectable lockers, 32" Needs *some* Work - Make Offer

DMS3XJ

NAXJA Forum User
1989 XJ 4.5" lift, 4.88 selectable lockers, 32" Needs Work $500

NAXJA Special

1989 XJ Laredo Auto (CA Bay Area)

Needs work, LOTS of good parts. This XJ was my daily driver turned project car. I had to put my XJ aside to focus on my career and it has sat undriven for 2.5 years. I am now moving and must sell. It has a lot of potential and is very near set up to be a really fun rig, or a platform for a build. I put thousands of dollars into this car shortly before I stopped driving it. My loss, your gain. Read below description for details and make an offer if interested.

SEE CL AD for PHOTOS https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/d/1989-jeep-xj-cherokee/6640662990.html

The Good

California and Idaho car, almost no rust, never driven in salt. This car has been owned within my immediate family since new.

4.5” rough country lift kit.
Dana 44
Eaton E-Lockers front and rear 4.88
Hack and Tap NP242 transfer case.
32” tires
BrownDog Motor Mounts
New Tranny Mount

Newish Exhaust system full
Newish water pump
Aluminum coolant reservoir
New Exhaust Manifold
Newish battery

The full disclosure not good.

Gears are too low w/ 32” tires to be comfortable daily driver. Some driveline vibes with stock driveshaft and new gears. Proper driveshaft may fix this.

Needs a rear driveshaft that fits the new Hack and Tap NP242. Set up to use an XJ front driveshaft, but may need slightly more length.

Has vacuum leaks that cause a high idle. I believe theses may be coming from the intake manifold/EGR/vacuum lines. These need to be address to pass smog. As such I am selling as Non-Op if you are purchasing within CA.

When I tried starting the engine the other day I found a fuel leak at the fuel rail. There may be other leaks like this from sitting undriven.

Brakes are weak, could use larger master cylinder.

Power steering pump is making noise.

Interior is not very nice, no fabric tears, but is all original, some glove compartment hinges broken, ect.

Last edited:
Back