• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff Diff Cover Giveaway, Any Cover We Make!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, We like to regularly give a little back to help support the community so here is our first giveaway on NAXJA.......

To qualify you have to be a NAXJA member and sign up both here and register at our website ( www.ruffstuffspecialties.com ). We ask for that so you can see just what we have to offer, in exchange you get the chance to win 1 of 3 prizes!

The winners will receive:

1st Place - Differential cover of choice, from a 14 Bolt to a D30, every one of them is 3/8" thick!

2nd Place - $100 Store credit, good for anything we make! Many of our covers are only $100 so this may be as good as first place!

3rd Place - $50 Store credit, good for anything we make!

normal_8.jpg

Holly has done a couple of drawings for us so I am looking forward to it as much as you are!:wow:

On any winners prizes we will cover the shipping......Only 1 entry per person, Do it now! The drawing will be held October first.......

If you have any questions call Dan @ 916.600.1945

This is definately:spam:

5-90 said:
Good stuff...

I'm in! I like the idea of drainplugs on axles - can you also do a counterbore on screw holes, or just a countersink? Just wondering...

5-90

I will try and answer your question as fully as possible so you don't have to repost, if you have any further q's give me a call.

We can counterbore, we actually use a counterbore to clear the welds around the holes for standard bolts but we don't penetrate the ring. We really prefer countersinking the holes rather than counterboring the holes. The reason is that a countersink allows the Allen bolt to completely spread the load over the entire hole, and the countersunk area is much larger than the area covered by the stock bolts due to the 82 degree angle. A counterbore provides even less surface area than the stock bolts due to the barrel shape and small shoulder of the bolt. Therefore a counterbored Allen bolt receives all of the force upon impact in a very small area (the bolt shoulder) causing more potential problems, and a common Hex bolt would not fit and stay within the ring edge even using the thinnest of thinwall sockets.

I hope this makes sense because it s very late and I am not sure it makes complete sense to me!

Last edited:
Actually, it does make sense quite well (and I'm posting here so others can benefit from this exchange...)

That just means I'll have to keep some flat head screws on hand, in addition to the standard Hex Head capscrews, Socket Head capscrews, and all the other stuff I keep around... No trouble finding them, tho - I've got plenty of sources!

5-90

In, if I win first place could I trade it for a d44 cover?
THanks for your support.

Done, Thanks for the oppurtunity.

Hale

count me in! :)

thanks for supporting NAXJA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back