• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbee!!!

FIESTEE23

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone!! I'm a new owner of a 2000 XJ 2wd. I wanted an extra vehicle to drive around town, do some easy trails, take to the beach etc. I got a great deal on this animal and couldn't pass it up. Granted I wanted to go 4wd but here is my baby step. I'm going to do some mods to it soon to make it look beefy, so what better place to be. I am a part of a tundra forum for my actual daily driver and they have helped me spend my money quickly, I'm sure you all will add to my debt.

I want to get new off-road bumpers, black out LED lights, roof rack, small lift 4" maybe and little larger tires, and soooo much more. I'm excited to get started. But I will have a shit ton of questions.
328f912a754f2da47d8e2865379e2372.jpg
df728e1f15e849242e04a66dcbf2eff2.jpg

Sent from my Vivo XL3 Plus using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard.

That looks like a nice starting point.

Welcome to the club.

Since you originally posted in the Adopt-A-Trail forum, check this out. :)

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1150600

All of the trails (three) we have adopted are 2wd friendly. We'd love to have you come out and pitch in. Generally we get out once a month.

Where abouts are you located? Your location set to SoCal isn't really of any help. Sorry, pet peeve.

Last edited:
Frame stiffeners. Huge difference. And will help cure some creaks.

Welcome! I saw that Jeep for sale and was going to jump on it, but you obviously beat me too it! It wasn't up for very long. Fine choice you made.

Yeah!
Two wheel drive jeeps can make it out there for sure!
I found out the hard way when my transfercase was done.

The little 4cyl. in 2 WD made it just fine in the long run, thanks to the leaders. :cheers:

Back