• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow rigs !!

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here you go guys. The thread for all those discussions on all things tow rig and diesel.

Just try to keep it on subject and refrain from flaming anyone, or any character assassinations Please.

Have at it.

Here you go guys. The thread for all those discussions on all things tow rig and diesel.

Just try to keep it on subject and refrain from flaming anyone, or any character assassinations Please.

Have at it.

this post is off topic.

with flames, and candy, and chit.:dunno:

Gas motors are better than diesel motors. Also a V8 is better than an I6 in a full size truck.

So I have decided to pull the trigger, im gonna put a tow package on my geo! It gets good gas mileage turns awesome has great tow mirrors and I can roll coal like a mofo, so with being said all just "beef up the breaks on the trailer so it stops the geo too. Thoughts ? :jester:

You know I heard about a guy that towed some crazy huge trailer behind a VW Bettle. The whole god dam car was reinfored to tow this trailer, and it had some crazy built motor.

I cant remember who told me this story, but I called bullshit and they swore it was true.
He towed it from Arizona to somewhere every year.

It may have been a NAXJA member that told me this.

So I have decided to pull the trigger, im gonna put a tow package on my geo! It gets good gas mileage turns awesome has great tow mirrors and I can roll coal like a mofo, so with being said all just "beef up the breaks on the trailer so it stops the geo too. Thoughts ? :jester:

Sounds like you and josh will be in the same boat.... You hauling one chrokee with a geo and him hauling 2 with an LTZ

He ill be 9k over loaded and you will be 5k over

Geo has a tow rating of 100 lbs ball weight and 1000 trailer lbs

A Geo can handle pulling up to 8500#. It's a very structurally sound vehicle with brakes more than capable of stopping a load that size. The only drawback in my opinion is the SRW, but a DRW setup would have a negative effect of fuel economy.

I want a setup like this.

6ysasaba.jpg

e3y4uve5.jpg

It just drove from the east coast to the hammers for KOH. What a trip.

Back