• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

why can't things be simple?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
So I bend up my crossmember a bit a while back and have it reshaped back into shape and reinforced.... all is good, but about 2/3 weeks later I pick up some vibes (I have 1" drop Rusty's crossmember and about 3.5" of lift at that time)..... so then I figure, well maybe I had the crossmember "readjusted" a bit too much so I put in 1/8" flat stock to drop it a bit and that seems to cure it.....

About 2 weeks later things are starting to feel funky again, but there are slight enough that I don't pay too much attention to them... In any case, as I'm inspecting my brakes in the rear two weekends ago, and I have the wheel lifted by the axle, I notice that my spring by the shackle is doing an S bend...... it goes from the bushing up towards the body before it does the bend down towards the axle.... grrrrr.... So I make arrangements to pick up a set of 4" tomken springs and put them on, but they make me vibe like crazy.... So I put in as a test another 1/8" spacers (flatsock drilled out to match holes again) and I get rid of the vibes, but I mess up the front enough to pick up some noise from the front DS...... ok, time to get an SYE (it's coming in tomorrow :D)......

Anyways now that I have about 4" in the rear and about 3.5" in the front, I'm already thinking that I need to event things out in the front! To top things off, I just saw some coils for sale (4", came from the same set as my springs).... and the wheels are already turning.... if I get those 4" coils, I can keep the front coil spacer, and that will get me to maybe 4.5" ~ 5"...... so if I do that, I can get some longer shackles at put up the rear to 5" by getting those shackles and then the 31's will have too much room, so 32's or maybe even 33's with new rims are looking really appealing....... and while I do that, I might as well regear again to 4.56's :D

Conclusion... anyone got about $1500 I can borrow? :D
Kejtar

Oh..... I forgot to mention the worst thing of all... the $$ that I was setting aside towards a welder went into a shaft and SYE :( :( So as happy as I am :D about getting that... I am somewhat miffed about habing to delay the other :(

GRRR Just to spite me, better and better deals keep coming up! Now there is a guy who's willing to "auction off" his orgs crossmember/skid :( GRRRRRR ok... I know... I'm playing lotto this coming wednesday :D

Kejtar

You have trouble, I have: AA SYE, LCA mounts, Bilstiens, D44 R&P w/locker, Rear shock mounts, oil change (my tranny still has the GL-5 in it), Dynomax exhaust. I have all the stuff, just no time to install it!

I think you and I have the same problem, we spend too much time on this board (1108 posts, good grief) and not enough on our Jeeps, God help us. :)

lol... well I like your problem better than my problem: you got the stuff laying ready to install, while I'm looking at all the goodies that I could/should spend money on....

Kejtar
P.S. So on the week that I decided to slow down my activity so that everyone else would catch up to me on NAXJA... everyone else had the same idea..... :(

Back