• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof rack light mounts

96country

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a Surco roof rack and was wondering if the light mount brackets are worth $30/pair or if I should just build my own. I was thinking I could just bend an angle bracket to mount them on. The only possible downside I can think of is how solid the mount would be. Sure don't want the lights bouncing as I go down the road.

Thanks

I have the same rack and just through-bolted the light housings onto the rack. I have a rear fog light on the back of the rack, hooked up to my backup lights. It is on a "L-bracket" and is a bit bouncy, but I only use it for backing up at night (2% window tint).

fa72d8ec.jpg

I use the same rack also, I got some 1"-2" angle aluminum and cut it in 2" long pieces and bolted it to the front of the lower bar. I run 4 HELLA style lights across the front, it works well for this style light but anything bigger will be too heavy.

Back