• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A little feel-good for me

You had to Fed-ex a slave cylinder? How far out in the woods are you? :D

What's shipping cost out there?

On a serious note: What trans you got? If it's the internal slave BA-10, be sure to use loc-tite on the slave cyl. retaining bolt. I got 'hold of an 87 that somebody changed the slave-, that bolt worked loose, allowed the slave to rotate on the input shaft, ripping the lines to it inside the bell housing.(Not sure if the AX-15 has the same setup, but if it does, same warning applies.)
It's a lot of work to go through to have to do it twice. Good luck.

ITs an AX15 and yes it was internal. I live in a fairly good size city. two Auto Zones, an Advance, 3 Wal marts.
Still had to get that thing off of Rock Auto. WHICH, BTW was not the same part i thought i had ordered. I ordered one with a metal housing, got the same plastic one in the mail from them with instructions covered in greasy fingerprints like they had been used already. Very not happy there.I'm calling them in the morning to ask. If i didnt need that Jeep running so bad i woulda waited but i put it in anyway.
And about that retaining screw. There wasnt one in the old cyl i removed. Just plain gone. The new one had no screw with it either and it was OBVIOUS that one belonged in that hole. I opened up the random fastener drawer and found a winner. Just got done installing the tranny and everything but the exhaust (which i admittedly took a recip saw to to take off.) So ill have it finished in the AM.

Back