• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Query: WJ seats

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Hey all,

My mechanic is looking for a set of front seats for his WJ-series Grand Cherokee.

He's been looking for a bit and not had much luck, any chance anyone around here might have a line on a set of working, good-condition grey front seats for one of these trucks?

As a recent buyer of a wj, I can tell you that decent used front seats are VERY hard to find. Give your friend my best wishes, and my sympathy.

Really? Didn't know you'd "gone Grand". Congrats on the new ride.

Eh. I came across one that I got for 600, couldn't walk away at that price. It had issues (bad water pump,bad brake lines, turned out bad track bar and coil buckets, plus a million other small items).
But, the drive train was otherwise clean and solid for the miles (165k), so I got it for Carol to run daily, since she lost her company car, and she'd like to keep the miles off the jk.
Then covid happened and the dmv has been closed, so I haven't been able to title it yet. So there it sits, basically all fixed up and unusable until I can title it.
Side note: rather than do a patch job on the brake lines, I bought the entire Dorman pre-bent all stainless steel set thru Amazon for 140 dollars. It fit perfect and came with every hard line on the truck. Money VERY well spent.
Thought I'd share that since most xjs are getting to the point where everyone should think about replacing theirs.
Rich

Yeah, I suppose at that price it would be tough to walk away.

That's also a pretty good deal on the brake line kit - not seeing one for my vintage XJ, but there's always a coil of that copper-nickel stuff and a flaring kit, not that I'm in bad shape on that front right now...

Back