• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Well the good news is I got the head and manifolds installed

The bad news is one of the holes for the rocker bolts is all messed up- threads decided to come out with the bolt. Trying to see if I can do anything to save it

Noooooo :eek:

Well the good news is I got the head and manifolds installed

The bad news is one of the holes for the rocker bolts is all messed up- threads decided to come out with the bolt. Trying to see if I can do anything to save it

what about a heli-coil? or something like that

I just ordered another FPR. Going to hit up Toni if that doesn't do anything. Probably hit up Marlow's if Toni is slammed.

Where is the FPR?

when you put the fuel pressure tester on it, does the FP go down, stay the same?

what about a heli-coil? or something like that

Where is the FPR?

when you put the fuel pressure tester on it, does the FP go down, stay the same?

Very front of the fuel rail. Yeah, disconnecting and reconnecting it yielded good results. I also ordered an ignition coil since I actually haven't had to replace that yet.

Looks like helicoil is the best option

Took the ignition coil out and discovered it was cracked. Swapped in a new one. Still cant go above 3000 rpm at higher speeds tho. :dunce:

Done messing with it in this cold. Will check grounds and the rest of the ignition system when its not so cold.

dang man

When you say it wont go above 3k does sputter or just stop at 3k?

https://youtu.be/rrHbj0ciP1c

Verified that the fuel pressure is fine. Cheap fuel pressure test kit from Amazon isnt all that accurate; who would have guessed :D. Still waiting on new FPR to show up. Going to JB weld the crack in the exhaust manifold to see if that makes any difference as well.

Buttoned up as much as I could while I'm waiting for the helicoil stuff. Reinstalled the fuel rail, a/c and power steering pumps, viper coil and plug wires.

Lost one of the bolts for the thermostat housing, gotta go get a replacement.

Left to do:

Helicoil rocker
Install valve cover
Install lower O2 sensors
Cut the hole for the THOR intake and install
Add Coolant
Change Oil
Temporarily connect exhaust where I cut it so I can get to an exhaust shop for a real fix.

https://youtu.be/rrHbj0ciP1c

Verified that the fuel pressure is fine. Cheap fuel pressure test kit from Amazon isnt all that accurate; who would have guessed :D. Still waiting on new FPR to show up. Going to JB weld the crack in the exhaust manifold to see if that makes any difference as well.

oh man, I don't think I've ever heard of this. Has your TPS been changed? Any change in behavior if you disconnect the MAF?

oh man, I don't think I've ever heard of this. Has your TPS been changed? Any change in behavior if you disconnect the MAF?

TPS was replaced and tests good. Dont have a MAF sensor, but do have a MAP sensor. Don't have a vacuum pump to diagnose it, so may just have to go the replacement route.

At this point it might be cheaper to have it professionally diagnosed. Then you can chose to repair it or let them if it's something easy and cheap.

Not sure if this is "mechanical" but I did finally install some LED headlights. What a difference they make. I already have an "upgraded" headlight harness, that helped but not by much.

Not sure if this is "mechanical" but I did finally install some LED headlights. What a difference they make. I already have an "upgraded" headlight harness, that helped but not by much.

Some day Ill pull the trigger on some LED headlights.

Got some new wheels in.

20210224_160252.jpg

found a dude on facebook that says if I give him a 5 star review with a pic/video that he will refund me the money spent, minus taxes.

we'll see how that goes

Jeep is fixed. Marlow Automotive figured out the connector for the speed sensor needed some love.

Getting wheels swapped tomorrow. Too bad its looking like another wet weekend coming up.

Got the valvetrain finished and the cover back on. Couple more things to button up and I can try starting it and see how bad I screwed up

Back