• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Elephant/Mill Creek/Bill moore 08/31/08 PICS & VIDS

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
Okay here are some Vids and Pics from the run of Red Elephant / Mill creek / Bill Moore Trip 08/31/08;

(Since I decided to leave the camcorder at home, as it was too expensive to carrier in the hills all the time.) I got me a new sweet cheap little camera a does these awesome panoramic pics and has a pretty cool effect!

Here they are, Panoramic pics;
red_mill_bill-08-panoramic-01.jpg
red_mill_bill-08-panoramic-02.jpg

Here are the vids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm9nuLqwf10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5_ns8345M8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwg8YIY1Mr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAZF7Qw35n0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixNtYqtW-g

.......more to come..........

Last edited:
Ok......... I'm REALLY gonna have to look into different joints. And a muffler. That's one obnoxiously noisy suspension.

That second panoramic pic is wierd! Looks like the road bends, but it doesn't.

Nice vids! :thumbup: Thanks Matt!

YELLAHEEP said:
Ok......... I'm REALLY gonna have to look into different joints. And a muffler. That's one obnoxiously noisy suspension.

That second panoramic pic is wierd! Looks like the road bends, but it doesn't.

Nice vids! :thumbup: Thanks Matt!
....you think we were kidding when we were commenting on it? Must be the exhaust causing you to not hear the rocking chair suspension :cheers:

OKAY HERE IS SOME MORE PICS! (I took 130 pics, I have been slowly picking 26 of the best ones.)

Empire Hilton;
redmillbillaug01.jpg
redmillbillaug04.jpg

redmillbillaug03.jpg

Coming down a muddy hill & XJboy loosing his tailgate "CHEROKEE" emblem;
redmillbillaug02.jpg

Yellaheep making fun of XJboy's "loose" (mild description) grill guard;
redmillbillaug05.jpg

Another coming down hill with RangerRick in the back;
redmillbillaug06.jpg

.....MORE TO COME.....

......okay six more! :smoker: be patient lots-O-pics!

XJboy coming up Red Elephant Hill, one of the first obstacles on the steep incline;
redmillbillaug07.jpg

Beautiful scenery;
redmillbillaug08.jpg

The gang with some more scenery; (Also one of the longest dead end trails we made the mistake of taking);
redmillbillaug09.jpg

Another shot of the gang, had just rained a little;
redmillbillaug10.jpg

Another beautiful shot of the scenery;
redmillbillaug11.jpg

Start of the day @ Starbucks, waiting patiently for Yellaheep to show up :) ;
redmillbillaug12.jpg

redmillbillaug13.jpg

redmillbillaug15.jpg

Last edited:
Last five pics................yes with the panoramic's that makes 27 not 26 :)

I just like this shot, kinda like a cool action shot!;
redmillbillaug21.jpg

XJboy does move rocks in the woods for poser video! :)
(In his defense between Yellaheep and me before him we pushed the rock down closer to the water crossing and to one side making it hard for XJboy to go over it.)
redmillbillaug22.jpg

This is where Yellaheep hung up on his diff;
redmillbillaug23.jpg

RangerRick's new wheeling buddy! ;
redmillbillaug24.jpg

I feel bad I didn't get many picks of RangerRick, so here is one for ya! ;
redmillbillaug25.jpg

Enjoy!

LOL! Great awkward pose......... I was coming down to look to see what xjboy was up against and my feet slid on the steep, loose dirt there...... I grabbed onto the grill guard only to have it move inward and pinch my hand between it and the header panel! So, naturally I had to yank it back and forth and ask him "WTF is up with this?" :D

redmillbillaug05.jpg

Hey xjboy....... time for some righty-tighty with some of these:

craftsrw-md.jpg

YELLAHEEP said:
LOL! Great awkward pose......... I was coming down to look to see what xjboy was up against and my feet slid on the steep, loose dirt there...... I grabbed onto the grill guard only to have it move inward and pinch my hand between it and the header panel! So, naturally I had to yank it back and forth and ask him "WTF is up with this?" :D

redmillbillaug05.jpg

Hey xjboy....... time for some righty-tighty with some of these:

craftsrw-md.jpg
hey you can ask rick before you matt and troy arrived I was under there tightining up the bolts best I could. Sorry about your hand troy

LOL - Nah, it didn't hurt...... but it was a surprise. Those things aren't supposed to move..... :D

xjboy said:
hey you can ask rick before you matt and troy arrived I was under there tightining up the bolts best I could. Sorry about your hand troy

.....He's alive!

.....so I gotta wait until Wednesday to see the pics you took?
.....you suck :)

So lets me ax you a question..........if you do not have internet :compwork: access at homz, then how are you posting on the forumz?

Skully said:
.....He's alive!

.....so I gotta wait until Wednesday to see the pics you took?
.....you suck :)

So lets me ax you a question..........if you do not have internet :compwork: access at homz, then how are you posting on the forumz?
I am posting on the forums through the Internet on my phone. But now that I just arrived at school I can post up the pics off of my laptop after class around 11:30

xjboy said:
I am posting on the forums through the Internet on my phone. But now that I just arrived at school I can post up the pics off of my laptop after class around 11:30

Okay.......its 12:19pm wheres those pics XJboy? ........:smoker: waiting patiently here.

.....you know I am just giving you grief right? :cheers:

While we are all waiting patiently for XJboy to post up his pics :greensmok

I like to talk about trail damage on this run..........there really wasn't anything. What we did have was minor.

#1. XJboy's Cherokee emblem fell off, no pics....

#2. XJboy's re-shaped tailpipe was interesting, no pics....

#3. Yellaheep's hand, no bandages, no pics (detailed that is, just awkward pose).

#4. My front bumper passenger side after hitting a tree right in front of me stretching a little and breaking up the paint. I was looking out the window at the nasty tree root sticking out, looking like it wanted a piece of my tire. My passenger/spotter told me .0003 seconds before hitting the tree in front me with "Watch out, tree!".

redmillbillaug28.jpg

#5. My tires got the crap beat out of them! Chunks missing, cut side tread, nice!

redmillbillaug26.jpg

redmillbillaug27.jpg

Last edited:
#6 Soggy Ruffles chips. Those things suck up the humid air like sponges I guess. Just went to snack on some..... Eeew... potato paste.

Open bag + no doors + humidity/rain = gross.

:D

xjboy said:
hey you can ask rick before you matt and troy arrived I was under there tightining up the bolts best I could.

Hey mods..... Can we please make a user name change?

xjboy to xjWEENERboy.

Thanks.

Kittrell said:
Thats just embarrassing.................

LOL - yeah, it kinda was...... :D

In my defense, the Truggy is definitely one VERY purpose built rig. The ass-end is so light that going down hill on loose trail surfaces generally results in the ass-end fish-tailing down hill. I cleared that rock with the driver's front tire initially, but the rear slid and it came down on the rock. Backing up just caused the whole rig to follow gravity...... and the rock ended up directly underneath.

There were MANY times where that trail got off-camber and I rubbed trees..... The Truggy is certainly more at home on the rocks...... :D

xjboy...... rooster tail pics or BAN!

Speaking of name changes.........Yella is not Yella anymore!!! I vote for GREENHEEP!!:laugh: :patriot:
Nice Rig Yella.....I mean Green.......Seriously I am a little jelous!!

Last edited:
xjboy said:
UPDATE Schools internet is extremley slow and am STILL waiting on pictures to upload on Photobucket

It's been 13 hours since this post........Schools internet must be dead!!:laugh: More pics please!!

Back