• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

UPS says my front bumpstops are here, but they're not.

Got the rear ones on the bench to play around with this/next weekend. May put them on some 2x2 tube to drop them down a bit since they're not XJ specific and won't fit our mounts anyway.

Replaced my center console bracket yesterday with the JCR steel one. Broke it in Moab. Also replaced the leaky washer fluid bottle.

On deck for the weekend: Coolant flush, oil change, tire rotation. Sending oil sample off to blackstone labs to analyze and make sure my head isn't cracked.

Fender armor has shipped! Should be here early next week.

Not sure when I'll be figuring out this transfer case stuff. My buddy's MR2 is taken apart in my garage at the moment.

Messed around with the transfer case some more. Dropped the rear driveshaft. Rear output shaft has about 1/4 inch of play/movement in and out of the housing and it sure acts odd in each mode. :(

Guess I suck at rebuilding transfer cases lol.

Tires rotated, oil changed, coolant flushed

Amazing how many fewer vibes you get when there’s no mud caked on the backside of the wheels

Was gonna pull the trigger on the WJ swap today but stinkyfab sold out

So I ordered long arms instead

Was gonna pull the trigger on the WJ swap today but stinkyfab sold out

So I ordered long arms instead

4 link

I took the week of Thanksgiving off and worked on the screws for the TPS on the throttle body...what a pain in the butt that is.

I welded a nut onto both of them, one came right off. The other I would weld a nut, and then the bolt would break below where the nut was welded. Or I didn't weld it correctly and the nut just spun off. So now I have a tiny little nub of a bolt sticking out.

Went and got an EZ-OUT set and gonna try that when I get a chance now.

Swapping out my stock axle shafts for 1 piece Ten Factory chromoly shafts. The gears were setup with shims on the outside of the carrier so I can't get the carrier back in. Had to take them out to install the seal in the passenger side axle tube. Waiting on an diff housing spreader.

Jeep is back in the garage. Will start getting the transfer case out this week.

Did a bit of clean up on my 93 2 door. Painted bumpers and across bottom of doors, wired up 5 pods on the front bumper, installed a fan shroud, cut and capped some 2x3 tubing to start building sliders
ef27d8844e6ef01d6f64fc05a90587e2.jpg
d84c48f6b4def3d387c113c5d0b8e665.jpg
5c9fea2cb0ed9255fb201daee3e84330.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Got my oil analysis back. Lots of coolant and metals. Heads cracked and damage has been done. Might be time for a stroker

Got my oil analysis back. Lots of coolant and metals. Heads cracked and damage has been done. Might be time for a stroker

ouch, could ya do a refresh on the motor and then get a new head and install that?

For me, I'm still waiting for time to get the bolt out of my throttle body. Bought another extractor as the first one broke off in the original bolt...joy

So now I have some more nuts to try and weld to the bolt and if that still doesn't work then Im gonna try the new extractor...now to just get time to do all this.

Ouch. I've been tracking very faint levels of coolant in my oil for the past few changes. This last change came back with no coolant in it.

ouch, could ya do a refresh on the motor and then get a new head and install that?

For me, I'm still waiting for time to get the bolt out of my throttle body. Bought another extractor as the first one broke off in the original bolt...joy

So now I have some more nuts to try and weld to the bolt and if that still doesn't work then Im gonna try the new extractor...now to just get time to do all this.

I could, but given the bearing material in the oil it might be too late

Back