• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MLK Snow Run Pictures

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
DSCF0028.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

Hey check out what my Dad did to his Jeep!

DSCF0014.JPG

See right there, :)

DSCF0032.JPG

Hey Zion and Neil do you recognize this guy? Could you have anymore traction! :D

http://home.comcast.net/~cdutke/mlksnowrun/mlksnowrun.htm

that thing is ridiculos!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS RAD!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

stoney

Ya, I remember him. Wasn't his name Don? That thing is sick. He must have a lot of time on his hands. I wonder if he wheels anywhere else. I thought I heard somewhere that he goes up to the bald trail a few times a month.
Does he take the other tires off for the trip back? Does he just drive on the blocks with the inside tires to take off the outside?

ZPD said:
Ya, I remember him. Wasn't his name Don? That thing is sick. He must have a lot of time on his hands. I wonder if he wheels anywhere else. I thought I heard somewhere that he goes up to the bald trail a few times a month.
Does he take the other tires off for the trip back? Does he just drive on the blocks with the inside tires to take off the outside?
It's Darrel, and yes he was taking of the outside tires. He made extention hubs, I think those come off as well. It was pretty slick, with his OBA with two 5 gal tanks and blocks of wood. He remebered Rob and me, driving across that trench sparked his memory.

I had fun anyways. The snow ws really crappy and we had our families as you can tell so we just relaxed and enjoyed the day. I threw almost all my balance weights on the new tires out there and the ride home was full of wonderful shuddering.

We need to go again soon!!!! :cool:

mad maXJ said:
that truck is awesome! that must do great in the snow, did you get any pictures or information on his custom hubs?
The hubs were pretty simple looking. It look like either a 6" or 8" Rd tube with a circle welded to it that was drilled and studded with the bolt patern. I wasn't able to see how it attached to the inner wheels, but it looked pretty easy to figure out.

yeah, the inner attachment would be key... it could fit under the lug nuts, but would have to be tapered for the lugs, then how do you get the lugs in there...? that would also put a TON of stress on bearings, balljoints, etc... cool idea though, and hey if it works for him, Great!

Back