• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel supply line connection details for Pressure Regulator

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
Erred in posting this in the Modified thread with no response.

Would like to know what to do!

Some how, when working on replacing the water pump and t stat with high flow components, the fuel supply connection to the regulator was pulled out.
I tried to push it back in but it would not go all the way and click in.

Looking in the female part, I found an O ring, a spacer and part of another O ring of a different size. The last one was cut.

What are the parts and sequence for this connector?

I started it up to circulate the new coolant and saw the gas spraying from the loose connection! Fortunately the manifold was not hot! Could have had a bad fire!

My Chilton's manual doesn't cover such details.

Post some photos when you get a chance. I have a similar random o ring I found and no clue where it came from. I know the regulator was replaced at some point by the last owner.

What year? If it's a 97-01 then the fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel pump.

90 XJ

Figured it out. there needs to be a small O ring in the regulater that seals against the end of the supply tube. PITA to get in there with the reg slanted down and pointed at the PS pipe that causes misalignment.

I have an assortment of O rings from HB. Using a drift punch of uniform diameter that fit in the back end of the Reg, I determined the OD of the O ring. Should be about the same OD as the tube. A smaller punch was used to mount several much smaller rings to keep the correct O ring from sliding off the punch. Used Vaseline as a lubricant to get the ring in the hole. Then used the larger one to seat it. Worked out after a couple of attempts.

The tube has length before the "ferrel" that the snap fits around. In front the snap is were the O Ring is placed, then the spacer.

Worked perfectly.

50385423263_51b1ef6b49_h.jpg
[/url]P1030761 by Patrick Boulden, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back