• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Run to Deer Valley June 23rd

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Hey everyone,
I am hosting a run to Deer Valley the weekend of June 23rd. The plan is to run the trail from Hwy 4 to the first water crossing, then turn around and head back. Should take anywhere from 4 to 6 hours depending on how many rigs we have.

The trip is open to all rigs stock to not so stock :) It's a pretty moderate trail with a couple of fun spots but over all pretty mellow. All are welcome, kids, wifes, dogs and so on.

I am not sure how many of you like to shoot but there is a great spot to fire the pow pows right after the first water crossing. You can bring em and if the group is ok with it then we can fire for a little while.

I have some links with more information on my work computer so I will update that sort of stuff later on (camp site location, etc....

If you have any questions let me know. This should be pretty fun :)

Late,
Mark

Oh yeah - I will be cooking breakfast for everyone on Saturday morning.

Some pix from last year

47b6d936b3127cce8b5faa740fa800000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

47b6d936b3127cce8b5faad00f0c00000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

47b6d936b3127cce8b5f9550ce3b00000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

Here is more info, history, maps and more on the Dear Valley Trail --> LINK

That is my Birthday weekend, last few years I spent it on the Rubicon, if I can get away I might join you for this one.

Are you camping on the trail or ???

A little more info about the trip.

The plan is to Camp on the Highway 4 side of the Trail. Get up Saturday morning, run the trail just past the first water crossing (approx 6 or 7 miles), hang out and head back. There is only about another mile or two of trail past the water crossing. Now, depending on how many rigs we have, we could easily run the entire trail back and forth, but that depends on what time we leave in the morning and how quick we get through. I am not a fan of leaving late and getting back to camp after dark (if it can be avoided). The camping on the Highway 4 side is MUCH better then on the 88 side.

As we get closer to the trip we can arrange lunch and dinner. As I mentioned I will take care of breakfast on Saturday morning and I plan on getting there early Friday morning.

This trail is a lot of fun and the scenery is great.

PM me or respond here with any questions.

Mark

Thats my birthday weekend, and also the weekend that my little brother is getting married. Sorry Mark, I tried to get his fiance to change the date but they already have the invitations.

I've never run full trail stopped at first river crossing "Clover Valley?" from 88 side by way of red lake. I'll try to make it out but I do have to work Sat. So much to do so little time.
I've been told I could run it stock.

Last edited:
>The trip is open to all rigs stock to not so stock

This is not exactly a trail for a stock XJ. Of course, there is nothing a couple of tow hooks can't fix.

DeerValley.jpg

We ran it October 2005 with 3.5" lift and open rear and front, had fun.

Thank you,
Andrey

Last edited:
Well folks, I either cancel this run or Re-schedule it for the following weekend of June 29th thru July 1st. I would MUCH rather re-schedule it, which is what I am going to do. I am hoping it won't be too crowded out there with 4th of July only a couple of days away.

Sorry for the re-scheduling but something has come up that I tried for a week to get out of but cannot.

With that said, who can make it :)

Late,
Mark

Thats a bad weekend Mark. Thats when we do the FarmerMatt 4th of july party weekend at the ranch. Always LOTS of people and never any wheeling that weekend.

Can we move it again?

Scrappy said:
Thats a bad weekend Mark. Thats when we do the FarmerMatt 4th of july party weekend at the ranch. Always LOTS of people and never any wheeling that weekend.

Can we move it again?

DAMIT!!!

TRIP CANCELLED until further notice. I will re-post when I get something more concrete.

anybody else still want to go? I think I may still go and continue through to "The Patch" to Red Lakes and would like to continue through "Strawberry 4X4 Trail" A.K.A. "Schneider cow camp trail" from HWY88 to Hwy50

Back