• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mopar parts

XJsaabTech

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently building my stroker engine and collecting parts. What do you guys think of mopar performance parts? I ask because my girlfriends dad is parts manager at the dodge dealership n i can get the parts at almost cost!

how does the MP roller timing set compare to the cloyes?
MP oil pump have a better alternative?
the cams any good? (probably just going to talk to someone at crane or
comp n have them suggest a cam when im gettin almost done)
I'll probably get a set of oversize valves, maybe springs n retainers.

any pros/cons, coments, suggestions, etc. are all apreciated.

Thanks Casey

You can get the following Mopar Performance parts for your stroker:

Valve springs P5249464
Spring retainers P4452032
Valve keepers P4529218
Upper gasket set P4529245
Heavy duty oil pump P4529227

Oversize valves are not necessary on the 4.0 head and the Cloyes dual roller timing set is better than the MP single roller unit.

Oh OK, in that case the Mopar timing set will do fine. Why don't they specify in the catalog that it's a DUAL roller so that we all know? It may well be a Cloyes unit anyway. After all, the MP oil pump is made by Melling.

Yup...Cloyes/Mopar...same set....But ya get a cool mopar performance sticker in the MP package.....Get some offset crank keys for in case the three choices in cam timing built into the gear set don't come out just right.

BTW....the same gear set fits a 2.5 if you toss the original chain tensioner junk.

MudDawg said:
Yup...Cloyes/Mopar...same set....But ya get a cool mopar performance sticker in the MP package.....

Haha, but how much more do you pay for that sticker?

Summit Racing sale most of mopar parts, just copy the mopar number in the search box and you will find it, some time parts are not listed in their catalog but you can find them using the search box

Back