• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE super flex or RE super ride

The following is an excerpt from an email conversation between myself and Dirk at DPG offroad. I asked him basically the same question that you are asking

"The new RE 3.5" kits should include their new Gen 2 disco's, which are a vast improvement over the old one's. The super-ride kit kit has no disco's- only end links. The superflex joints are a big plus over the bushings on the sr arms. The SF kit also has front bumpstops, while the sr kit has none."

Take it for what it is worth

i live in upstate NY so there isnt really a whole lot of rough offroading ill be doing... but ive been told that i should do it right the first time and the SF kit seems to be the most popular kit

You will like the superflex kit better, it still uses factory style bushings on the body end of the lower arms and the factory bushings on the axle end on top

what you are asking is a bit vague- better for all around road riding and off roading. the situation is often that what is better for the street is not what is better off road

that said....i got the RE superflex arms with the lift i put on my daily driver ...drove and wheeled them for a while...and became unhappy with way the way they transmitted road feel and noise....really noticeable on washboard and rough pavement. i then got the arms with the rubber bushings on both ends and have been a happy camper ever since....can't stand the rattling i had before. oh...and i've been over the Rubicon several times with them on a 3" lift so they would seem to work pretty well off road. :dunno:

YMMV

I'm running the Super Ride busingings in my RE arms and haven't regretted it. They flex well on the trail with my drop brackets and 4" lift and drive really nicely on the highway. And I can get a replacement bushing just about anywhere.

Back