• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

1 trip up vail pass East bound mm 178-190 obeying the autosock max 20mph speed limit and at the top pullingonto the 190 off ramp to remove found the rear socks completely shredded and front tattered... $400 out the window.. PURE SHIT ...they should rename then to AUTO SUCK . Back to regular chains . I should have used that cash for a mishimoto trans cooler .

Should I expect carnage canyon to be a trail option this time of year ? Got my trailer pretty much ready and want to get the XJ on a decent trail a few times to fix any issues and dial in stuff so it's solid for EJS without a bunch of hidden surprises. The mounting , well mostly inflating 10 ply trailer tires that I mounted without un squishing the sidewalls from shipping was fun and I now know you gotta be quick with the air up after the poof with the starting fluid

I drove past it last Saturday. There was still snow on it, no tracks going in through the gate. I talked to the guys from CORE a few years ago tho and they said they frequently ran it in the winter.

Thursday spent the morning on hold with DMV as they screwed up my license and suspended it . Apparently a wrong box was checked for ... no proof of insurance... from the accident on i25 with the drunk going the wrong way . The DMV said they could see the vehicle was insured, which... no shit... it's a large commercial motor carriers semi not my personal pickup , but if you can see that insurance was present why suspend my license. I asked why they didn't send a request and they said they did I asked was it registered mail ...lol... of course not . I said I'm on the road and I'm not expecting any correspondence from you regarding such matters as I was not ticketed for no proof and the accident was the at fault of the drunk who is liable financial party . It took 1.5 hours and finally my licence was reinstated, but I was driving around for 3 days unknowingly with a suspended license. Luckily my company monitors drivers for these things and safety called me Thursday to tell me not to drive and call DMV .

I think I'm going to look a selling the 5.0 atlas and fitting in a 4spd case with the 2.0 2.72 5.44 ranges . The 5.0 only gives me a red line top speed if 30mph and I don't have nearly enough motor or transmission gears to use hi range offroad. This would mean I'd most likely go with a 4.6 stroker later on since 300hp / 325 torque with those gear options would be plenty.

The Democratic party is showing little respect for this countries constitution and the voting process of the people by using the impeachment process to attempt to remove or sway the 2020 elections . Usimg the impeachment process as a tool because your party has lost an election and you see you will lose a second is the ... abuse of power... and it should piss every American off since these criminals are undermining the election process that took place in 2016 by using this process to undermine the results because they didn't win .

Getting weak and old I guess . I decided to build full trailer ramps I had already installed a rear jack to keep the nose from rising when loading, but I decided to incorporate support legs into the ramps to do that job. It's at this time I realized I'm getting older and weak because I decided to put the ramps on permanent hinged slide rail because I don't like the idea of picking them up and stowing them away , but it gets worse because as easy it is to raise 70lbs of ramp I optioned a Set of ramp lift assist springs so they're lighter .

Welds have been shitty for awhile it's been hard to keep a wire feed speed I thought it was the liner but when I got my new gun it did the same shit the slightest wrong turn of the torch and it stops feeding. The drive roller appeared to be feeding fine it just seemed to happen with gun angle... lol... well I got pissed and just short of booting the Hobart across the driveway I decided to go through each part piece by piece . I found nothing with the rollers ...roll...gun...and motor worked fine, but apparently the drive roller " shafts" wear out and develop play so when you clamp down the roller and start feeding the shaft moves downward . I had suspected the feeder before as it did not seem to feed as fast as it should on 100 , but the motor was fine and I never expected the shaft .

The shocker is the Damn motor assembly is $200 ...I can pick up a factory refurbished handler 210 mvpwith the upgraded aluminum drive assembly for $600 shipped. If I can't find a cheaper motor than $200 I'm not fixing the old 210 since it's 1/3 the cost of replacing it.

Got the new drive motor for $120 I'm also going to get new drive rollers and the updated aluminum head feed assembly so it's trouble free for another 7 years. I looked at the parts in that welder and there isn't much to fail...lol... really isn't much to it the two main parts are the transformer and driver motor the other parts are all pretty cheap , so I figured can't go wrong fixing and upgrading it a bit .

Should I expect carnage canyon to be a trail option this time of year ? Got my trailer pretty much ready and want to get the XJ on a decent trail a few times to fix any issues and dial in stuff so it's solid for EJS without a bunch of hidden surprises. The mounting , well mostly inflating 10 ply trailer tires that I mounted without un squishing the sidewalls from shipping was fun and I now know you gotta be quick with the air up after the poof with the starting fluid

Wait is left hand open again?!

Wait is left hand open again?!

No clue... Carnage Canyon and LHC are two entirely different trails Carnage is in BV and is open year round in that they don't close it , but obviously if 9 rates trail has snow on it then it kinda closes itself .

Miller " quality" parts , yeah ok . Got my new drive feed motor and the F-ing leads were already broken at the solder joints on the ears at the motor... yeah easily fixable with a quick soldering, but for the price of that damn drive feed motor I'd expect a bit better.

I'm kinda pissed off with HTP...lol... I had destroyed a mug gum with flex neck a year ago trying to " remove" the diffuser tip , which I was unsuccessful and only succeeded in cracking most of the gun . Well on my new 15ft flex neck HTP gun I boogered a thread on the diffuser tip , so I ordered two new diffuser tips from usaweld they show the guns flex and standard, well they don't say you can't just swap the diffuser tip off like most any mig gun , but rather you must replace the entire flex neck since instead of threaded on diffuser tip it's one giant molded piece crimped onto the copper instead of having a threaded end to easily and cheaply replAce a diffuser tip , which I get for my hobart/Miller at $18 for a two pack... this damn gums diffuser tip costs 1/3rd the damn gun . I sent them an message since their website makes it seem like you can buy the diffuser tip they show and replace just that and that's how I broke the last one as I thought I just got the thread direction wrong and now I got parts in the mail that clearly aren't going to work... I'm so pissed this gun is made like this without knowing before buying that I'm tempted to toss it on the trash and buy another Miller hobart gun.

20200104_181756.jpg

20200104_181619.jpg

As you can see the tip end is all one solid piece then just crimped as one entire piece. In the top pick you can see the rubber insulator sleeve I removed so I could see just what was holding this piece on ...lol... not only is it an expensive way to put it together when it comes time to replace the diffuser , but compared to simply spinning off a diffuser tip on my hobart gun which takes about 30 seconds to swap a tip this POS is like taking a normal gun apart to swap a liner .

Last edited:

Looking at the 2019 3500 tradesmen with the aisin and HO 6.7 ... my truck runs well but it is getting close to 200k and I just want a truck that only needs me to turn the key and go for another 100-200k miles without wondering what might need replaced . They keep bumping up the power of these 6.7 I'm really curious how their reliability is vs my 1st gen 6.7 ...lol... b4 I trade it in and jump into another 700 monthly payment only to want to possibly set it on fire .

Yo Jeepers! Can anyone reccomend a place for used tires in NoCo? Classifieds here are pretty non existent and craigslist was pretty bleak too. Lookn for 35x12.5r15s if anyone knows a fb group to check or certain tire shop thatd be awesome

Thanks

Lol... made a mistake building the support legs on my trailer ramps which was I built them to touch unloaded I also didn't account for the nose riding a bit high with 35s on the truck. I was tempted to leave it but would suck getting my ramps bound up every time it's loaded ,but luckily I thought about this design flaw before getting them both built and finish welded...lol... only way to fix it then would be to flip my axles to ride spring over., which TK axles are straight not cambered so it would work without new perches , but I drive to fast for a spring over set up .

Got this cheap 125 flux titanium from hobo and their guns are Tweco so they use the Tweco consumables which is nice since the 100 tips I have from HTP are also Tweco style so I'll not need tips for a longtime. It also means the HTP mig gun I have can use some parts from their mig guns .

Back