• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

:twak: lets be serious for one min

tow hook that is bolted to a welded on bumper is stronger than a welded on hook? WTF
you fawkers are wheelin xjs for crying out loud.... not much to bolt to

the worst part is he had to back off an obstical under his own power b/c noone would hook up a fawkin strap

Would you want a tow hook coming through your window? Lets get this back on track. You live and you learn. If you guys want to join great, if not so be it. This is a great group of guys that would help anyone within reason. Welds can break easier than the bolts used will shear. Both ways are good to mount things when used in the right application.

Would you want a tow hook coming through your window? Lets get this back on track. You live and you learn. If you guys want to join great, if not so be it. This is a great group of guys that would help anyone within reason. Welds can break easier than the bolts used will shear. Both ways are good to mount things when used in the right application.

you wanna talk about rules?
look at my quote from your own damn rules have you ever seen oem xj tow hooks?

whoa better check your shit

Why because his Jeep is built right? Other than that D30! :D But seriously, You don't have to be like that we are trying to help dozer out and you jump in here being all nasty. I may have sounded like a prick in the initial post and I apologize if i did. If you have problems with NAXJA, don't wheel with us. Doesn't hurt my feelings. Now seriously, Lets get this back on track and forget about this. We are trying to attract members not run them off.

sorry, please replace REAR with FRONT. still does not change the meaning of my post. What a tech inspector says goes, the same can be said for trail leaders. If they don't feel your rig is adequate enough to wheel with the group than you are done, which is obviously what happened. Hopefully you understand that. That is all.

Alright screw it i reported it. Sorry for killing your thread Brendan.

and noone wanted to help, just wanted to bitch about shit that makes no sense how did they help if he had do the shit himself?

dozer how many ppl drove by when you broke the second time?

sorry, please replace REAR with FRONT. still does not change the meaning of my post. What a tech inspector says goes, the same can be said for trail leaders. If they don't feel your rig is adequate enough to wheel with the group than you are done, which is obviously what happened. Hopefully you understand that. That is all.
the tech guy said his shit was good!
plus when they checked mine they said cool !!!! HA

Why because his Jeep is built right? Other than that D30! :D But seriously, You don't have to be like that we are trying to help dozer out and you jump in here being all nasty. I may have sounded like a prick in the initial post and I apologize if i did. If you have problems with NAXJA, don't wheel with us. Doesn't hurt my feelings. Now seriously, Lets get this back on track and forget about this. We are trying to attract members not run them off.
by his shit i ment facts and potential members have the right to know the truth

Whatever you say in this thread doesn't matter now. Quit your whining and fix it instead of being like this. You have been on the forum for 6 months and are complaining about shit that has been around since LONG before I was on the board or even had an XJ.

the tech guy said his shit was good!
plus when they checked mine they said cool !!!! HA

It passed tech

Ok cool, but did you bother to read the second half of my post where it said the Trial Leader as well? He obviously didn't feel comfortable pulling off of your bumper. End of story.

my shit passed tech! HA
4419254872_520b5b306d_o.jpg

Cliff notes:

1. Jeep passes tech

2. I brake and they want to pull me front a half built stinger not welded tow hooks

3. Im like GET ME DOWN FROM THIS LEDGE

4. Aurgument brakes out on what to hook from

5. Feelings are hurt

I was just confused becuase it passed tech and that rule is not written down anywhere. Plus d-rings are wleded on and they pass tech. I feel welded on tow hooks to 7 inch channle iron is stronger than OEM tow brackes. I understand rules are rules but I didnt know see these rules before so how could I have known? oh and Hasta

To be honest they are much safer tied into the unibody with bolts and brackets then they are compared to your weld job on the bumper. Its just facts buddy, if you don't like it, then thats just too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back