• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Owners manuals, Looking for dome light/rke boards

markatimber

NAXJA Forum User
I have owners manuals for XJ'S MOST YEARS UP TO 01 asking $15 each shipped for complete package or cheaper for just the manual message me Also looking for dome lights with rke boards or the board alone. 98-01

I have a 97-01 headliner and dome lights (precise vintage unknown) in my '92, but the RKE board is sitting in the front dome unpowered/unused (I replaced my original IR unit with the RKE module out of a '95 Concorde), since I wanted rid of IR but have no BCM for the late model board to talk to.

I can try and drop the dome over the weekend and see if I can pull the board without messing up the dome light parts, don't remember from when I recovered the headliner in June how what the board is attached/connected to.

The rke board is inside the dome light held by two small Philips screws normally the whole dome light is removed by popping the lens off and removing two Phillips screws and sliding it. That would be great as there are fewer and fewer of these every day, thanks. Is the Concorde board plug n play? The 97 XJ rke board was between the visors and most 01's can be identified with the antennae on the board for added range.

I got the board out without a problem and got a couple pics of it, but haven't set up a hosting account to replace photobucket yet, I will get to that tonight or tomorrow.

Since it came out of the front dome light that mounts above the front seats (and not between the visors), I know it's not from a '97. Can't rule out it being from an '01 just yet - since I'm not sure what the antenna would look like, I'm not sure if it has one or not.

I did notice that some of the "conformal coat" (that clearcoat-like stuff they put on circuit boards to protect them) is peeling off in one spot on the "top" of the board, you could probably "repair" that with something like clear plasti-dip. Can't say if it even works, as I have no way to test it and it's been sitting unpowered in my Jeep for something like 8 years (then again, my IR RKE module was still working when I pulled it in 2010, so you never know).

Anyway, on to the "concorde board": I stumbled across a writeup for it while researching whether I could get the RKE board above working in my '92 (and finding out that I couldn't). I was lucky in that the module I scored on eBay had the wiring pigtails from the car still on it, and it came with a matching remote (has lock, unlock, and trunk buttons).

The writeup is for installing this into a ZJ, but between that (which had the pinouts for the Concorde module) and the FSM for my Jeep it turned out to be an easy job to wire in via tap-splice (so I could techinically put my IR system back in, but I have no interest in cutting a hole in the headliner there, especially now that I have the CB mounted in that spot.

Oh, and link for the writeup (which, astonishingly, still works): https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/ir-rf-keyless-entry-conversion-676076/

Back