• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu suspension?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to track down a full Old Man Emu Suspension for my 2001 XJ. Don't want a lot of lift... say 1.5-3" max. I'm just having a hard time finding it online for the XJ.

My '01 has 179K on the OE suspension (less new shocks from several years back) so I'm looking for the entire kit. Springs, Shocks, Bushings, Drag-link (if needed), etc... just trying to plan ahead for the purchase as I know it won't be cheap.

If anyone could give me a link or point me in the right Google direction I'd appreciate it. Most of what I seem to find is for Wranglers these days on the parts warehouses.

Dirk is a great guy, I would just drive up there (Rose Hill)and show him your set-up and go from there. His prices are the best as he will treat you right.

I too was going to recommend DPG. He will talk to you and help determine your options. Also, advise good or best options. I bought a 3.5 Rear Springs. You have to press in the bushings on OME rear springs. He said Celvite bushing were the best if you could find them. I tracked down some MOPAR, whish I believe are Clevite. No cheap.
He does have some Hybrid kits. A mix of RE and OME.
Also, OME makes a dual rate rear spring. I think about 2-3 years back, they brought them to market. I haven't installed mine yet. Projects keep shifting. So, that spring is now planned for an '01 Silver XJ. Working on an '00 Burg XJ, presently. The Crown rear leafs also needed bushings pressed in. Not fun. The OMEs were much easier.

Thanks guys. I'll definitely give Dirk @ DPG a call to see about lining out the right suspension for me. I appreciate the input!

Back