• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front brake rotors

Joecat

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any experience with TAQ brand of brake rotors and pads sold by A1 auto parts? I am looking at a set of drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $99.99 free shipping, cannot find any reviews.

Has anyone had any experience with TAQ brand of brake rotors and pads sold by A1 auto parts? I am looking at a set of drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $99.99 free shipping, cannot find any reviews.

It's not really that good of a price or materials, depends on what your trying to achieve. I don't care for ceramic or metallic pads.

It's not really that good of a price or materials, depends on what your trying to achieve. I don't care for ceramic or metallic pads.

What is a good type of pad? feel I could use better brakes, I put Generic Amazon purchased pads on my XJ, probably lowest priced.

I got 33 x 12.5 MT tires. I got discs in back. Is there a preferred pad material, or type to fit stock calilpers?

I know pad type makes a huge difference in my little 91porsche, got racing type pad,,pricey
they work poor when cold, excellent once warmed up, very very noisey, and dusty, but they work so good verses any other pad I tired. and I used to race that little gocart of a car all over. The brand was Porterfield I think, their racing pad compound, not their street compound in which noise, dust, and cold performance, and likely disc wear were more of a consideration do to street use.

at anyrate, what is the scoop for the best pad, and I dont care about noise, dust, or rotor wear, I want the best braking I can get with my existing caliper? Is there a racing pad that will fit?

I'm running EBC Yellow Truck pads front and rear. Basically no warm up, water isn't a issue, and the hotter you get them the better they work. I went this route after several tries towing my 3500+ trailer around the rockies!

Well, that's an interesting read but here's something weird; my brakes were shot on my 95 lp so I took the pretty good set of pads and rotors off my 01 hp parts xj because I too thought they were all the same, and they work perfectly?! Maybe because the pads are half wore i guess.

Well, that's an interesting read but here's something weird; my brakes were shot on my 95 lp so I took the pretty good set of pads and rotors off my 01 hp parts xj because I too thought they were all the same, and they work perfectly?! Maybe because the pads are half wore i guess.

Since the 01 didn’t come with an HP front, the axle is likely from the correct era.

Black magic pads and centric premium rotors are the way to go

Oh sorry got them mixed up the 95 is the hp and the 01 is the lp. Pretty sure both are all original, the 01 was beat to death with almost everything broke, minimal repairs, definitely no upgrades. The 95 is my rhd from Japan and they were optioned differently but I imagine the axle is still the same as usd.

Back