• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wtb xj lower steering shaft/ intermediate shaft

if you mean the shaft from the column to the box i have like 5 or 6 of them.
20$ for one.

dude its good to have some fro spares. I already have replaced mine once, and keep a trail spare, so i really only need one more spare to make it 2 spares total. that means i can spare like 3 or 4 of them. i think i would have over 10 of them if i didnt get rid of like 5 of them over the last couple years...

Works for me, now I just have to find time to make my way up to sac. Welding around the rubber coupling was a b****, a trail spare would have been nice. With the ram assist, I should be alleviating most of the work of the shaft.

When do you need it by? I can bring it down around thanksgiving time.

i can ship it . there isnt a rubber coupling on this thing? u joints on both ends .

On mine, just before the upper Ujoint, the larger piece of tube is filled with rubber fusing it to the smaller shaft inside. Still ujoints at both ends.

im sure its the same as what we all have is my guess. ive never seen one that doesnt look like these ones. ive parted out alot of jeeps too.

he is getting 2 for 20$.

Problem with welding it up is the ujoints in the shape are held in by injection molded plastic at the factory. I welded mine enough to get it off the trail, trailered it home, and the Ujoint simply fell apart when I removed it.

Problem with welding it up is the ujoints in the shape are held in by injection molded plastic at the factory. I welded mine enough to get it off the trail, trailered it home, and the Ujoint simply fell apart when I removed it.

Couldn't see why It fell apart at the u joints but as for something to get me off the trail I'm ok with

Back