• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Energy" VS "DAYSTAR" for urathane bushings?

Uni

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I've resently came accross a couple of my bushings being bad. I've decided to upgrade to a urathane bushing kit but could not decide between Daystar master bushing kit or Energy Suspension master kit. From what I understand they're about the same, but then again I haven't had experience with either one. Can anyone advice? Any help is appreciated.

Go with the Energy bushings. I have used them on my leaf springs and sway bars, as well as on my trans mount. Last forever.

The problem that I found with rubber is that as they get loose I start to get the wobble. I'm not completely sure but It's just a thought. Am I wrong?

Uni said:
The problem that I found with rubber is that as they get loose I start to get the wobble. I'm not completely sure but It's just a thought. Am I wrong?

Are you sure the wobble is caused by the bushings, you may still have a component out of place or something else that is worn out. The bushing may only be a temporary fix to the real problem.

I wish I had rubber LCA and leaf eye bushings. I can definitely feel a difference in little stuff on the highway. The only place I would really want Poly is on the trackbar.

As far as the master kits, get the one with the best warranty or the one that has the best price. Im pretty sure they include all the same components.

If you are set on getting poly, get the energy suspension black bushings. Energy graphite impregnates there black bushings to prevent them from squeaking.

Like every one else has said go with rubber. I've had problems with poly cracking and giving out under alot of stress and when it does its worse that a worn out rubber one.

I agree with the above comments. I did a complete poly bushing overhall on another 4x4 back when it was "the new thing" and found they made everything squeek and offered less suspension travel. Graphite lube helped the sqeeking but needed to be applied regularly.

I do like poly on the sway bar, but stick with new rubber in all the components that need to flex.

JJ13 said:
If you are set on getting poly, get the energy suspension black bushings. Energy graphite impregnates there black bushings to prevent them from squeaking.

I believe you have to specify this, not all the black have graphite, I have the graphite impregnated master rebuild kit for the Warrior and have some Daystar poly components on Xnowyte.

But I can say this with experience, poly is GREAT (with exception to squeaking even if graphite impregnated) on the road, your XJ will handle like its on rails. But this very same attribute will reduce your offroad prowess and soft ride.

Rubber will be my choice for rebuilding Xnowyte's suspension. If you do go with poly, Daystar sells the teflon lube used with poly bushings in tubes so that you can maintain your setup squeak free.

XJguy

Oh, I forgot to second the squeaking. Not so much on the highway , but in town when stopping accelerating or turning: *squeaky*squeaky*squeaky*

I believe I said all black energy suspension poly bushings were graphite impregnated. That was what I was told by energy suspension when I used to sell parts back in the day.

Back