• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting the factory ramsey winch on a 97+ xj

killedbydeath

NAXJA Forum User
basically the pictures will explain it. I obtained a factory ramsey winch from a 1994 xj and installed it in my 2000. it uses the factory tow hook brackets which have two sets of holes cut into them. The second set of holes is to push the bumper out further and make room for the winch. Youll need to cut a hole for the hawse fairhead in the front bumper. The factory bumper mounts need to be ground down slightly to fit the tow hook brackets.....

The second set of holes is to push the bumper out further and make room for the winch. Youll need to cut a hole for the hawse fairhead in the front bumper. Its pretty self explanatory. I always wondered what the second set of hole in the factory tow hooks was for but now i guess i know.

Notice how the bumper sticks out a little further than normal. The old style setup used plastic bezels to cover the space between the body and bumper. The new style bumper is a bit curved to i just make my own out of sheet plastic and bolted them in place. Its barley noticable and looks factory.

thanks guys. i forgot to ad a picture of the bumper ill get one today. its only about maybe 4 inches

Nice, very clean way to mount a winch... I didn't even know there was a factory winch option for XJ's.

It'd be cool to get a pic of the front of the Jeep looking down at the bumper so you can see how much the bumper is spaced forward with the winch installed.

Back