• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing the window seal

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know where i can find the lower window seal/weather stripping for the front two windows on my Cherokee 4 door? and how i would change them out. theyve got big peices missing now and i dont want water getting down in the bottom of the door, thanks

NAXJA

water is designed to be able to flow thru the door thats why there is weep holes in the bottom of the door no weatherstripping keeps water out of the internal part of the door its funny cuz there was just something on motorweek about this same subject the weatherstriping is to keep water and leaking air out of the cabin this being said i replaced the portion that goes from the rear down the back of the door when i ordered it there was more than i needed so after pondering it for awhile and fighting to try to get the extra down below the part of the door behind the trim panel i just cut it off where i needed to and it was fine no more air noise at highway speed praise jeebus dont rememberr where i got it though try a google search

Back