• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cliffs run Sunday May 20th

Hey John-e, I saw in another post that you let someone ride with you the last time you went and you didn't even know the guy. It sounds like your a good guy and that leads me to this question. I've never been there before and only have a 3" lift. When we get there am I gonna be wheelin by myself askin "where did John-e go?" while your playin on massive rocks or something extreme or would we stick together and do some of the small stuff. I guess Im paranoid about bein left behind and gettin stuck.:rattle: -Shaun

You have a valid concern. I like to run the big stuff and not everyone is up for that. The Chicago Land Rover Club is also going to be there that day so you could hook up with them if you wanted to stick to the smaller stuff. The last time we were there it was pretty muddy so we couldn't go most places. I'm hoping cover most of the park if it's dry this time.

I guess I posted this run to get lots of people to go so when we get there we could break up into appropriate groups and all have fun. Worst case if you do get stuck/lost you can give me a shout on the radio and I would be more then happy to come help.

Im about 90% sure im gonna go as long as I have the 9,348 dollars its gonna cost to get there, Gas prices are a bitch! What time Is the convoy gonna leave? Where should the meet up place be for the drive down or will we just meet at the park say hi then go our seperate ways? -Shaun

I think the park opens at 9:00 and it's about an hour and a half with the trailer. So I'll probably plan on leaving around 7:30. If your coming 26 to 72 we could meet in Byron but if your headed over 20 and down 39-51 I would probably just meet you there.

You said you have a 3" lift but what about tires and lockers?

imbthree said:
Hey John-e, I saw in another post that you let someone ride with you the last time you went and you didn't even know the guy. It sounds like your a good guy and that leads me to this question. I've never been there before and only have a 3" lift. When we get there am I gonna be wheelin by myself askin "where did John-e go?" while your playin on massive rocks or something extreme or would we stick together and do some of the small stuff. I guess Im paranoid about bein left behind and gettin stuck.:rattle: -Shaun

Feel free to join us on June 10th, since I use my Cherokee as a DD I'm careful how I wheel. I know I really would like to meet some new faces, and if you're a dad or even if you have one (think most of us do) think of it as an early Father's Day run.

SteelBlueSteve, Sounds good to me. June 10th is probably a better date for me anyways. I'll be able to set aside more money for gas and maybe a tow! I see you're only about 25 min from the park, thats good cause if I break something I can park me Jeep in your driveway til I can get it fixed;) ! I look forward to meeting some new faces,well I never seen anyones face that uses this forum but I think this would be a good oppertunity to start. -Shaun

Well I guess I'll find my own trouble. This run will be the second to last run for the Bravada:laugh: After MI on June 2nd it's Buggy time! You guys are going to miss an entertaining run! It's no holes bared from here on out:gonnablow

John-e, I'd like to go with but I really can't afford to drive my jeep down there twice. I'd ride with to take some pics, take some video and enjoy the experiance. I really do wanna go but with gas prices...you know. I could throw in on gas for a ride along. Let me know if thats something you would wanna do.later -Shaun

John-e Bravada said:
Well I guess I'll find my own trouble. This run will be the second to last run for the Bravada:laugh: After MI on June 2nd it's Buggy time! You guys are going to miss an entertaining run! It's no holes bared from here on out:gonnablow

bring it down to Slade, KY this weekend with me and Brian Ho and whoever else. that'll be more fun than tooling around the Cliffs by yourself...

full tube buggy with your power/drivetrain? or are you salvaging frame or body parts?

Pat said:
bring it down to Slade, KY this weekend with me and Brian Ho and whoever else. that'll be more fun than tooling around the Cliffs by yourself...

full tube buggy with your power/drivetrain? or are you salvaging frame or body parts?

I already tried to get him to come, but he cried about how it was too far of a drive:D. Its not too late.

I have other friends you know:D There are going to be a couple other big rigs at the Cliffs this weekend so that's where I'm headed.

For the buggy I'm scrapping the body and frame but reusing most of the other components. I do have air shocks, racing seats, and material to buy but other then that I have most of the big parts. The 300ft of tubing is going to be quite a pile:laugh2:

There is a guy in union KY that sells tube cheap, you can come wheel and pick up your tube this weekend. The pirate site is down right now, or I would post the addy.

BRIANHO13 said:
I have heard, but haven't looked for myself, That CF is going to be in northern Wisconsin.....WTF lets make the members spend hundreds to get there.....

BRIANHO13 said:
I already tried to get him to come, but he cried about how it was too far of a drive:D. Its not too late.

Pot, Kettle, Black?

:D

Back