• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnage from TSF

Roads

NAXJA Forum User
Sometime after the first or maybe second section of Firebreak 5, I felt a thud under my feet. I thought to myself "it's probably just a stick" even though I knew it was worse than that. From that point on every pothole felt like it was 3 times as big and I was getting some nasty feedback in my steering. You could also hear it clunk in between the "normal" play in the steering wheel. A few of the guys and myself looked at and guessed that it was the steering box. After finaly getting around to working on the heep today it looks like it's coming from the shaft coming out of the firewall. I already very carefully tightend up the set screw on the box. That did help a little bit but I do not think is the cause of the problem. Other than that I came out untouched, didn't drag one a single rock. Now I just have to live with a few extra clunks and creaks. I seem to pick up a new one every time I go out.

Roads said:
Now I just have to live with a few extra clunks and creaks. I seem to pick up a new one every time I go out.

Welcome to the addiction!

pdxxjnoob said:
So what you're saying is that wheeling stock doesn't count as wheeling? :D
I think I speak for everyone when I say that you killed the trails we went on. You drove smart and didn't rush it. And what would you know about stock, your snorkled. :)

Stock wheeln' is so under-rated.

I have had that steering "clunk" for a few months. If you ever figure it out let me know, I'll do the same.:sunshine:

XJLaredo said:
I have had that steering "clunk" for a few months. If you ever figure it out let me know, I'll do the same.:sunshine:

Mine got worse a couple of weeks ago...accompanied by an inability to go faster than 45mph. Turns out it was the races in the spherical end of my RE trackbar. :shocked:

ECKSJAY said:
Mine got worse a couple of weeks ago...accompanied by an inability to go faster than 45mph. Turns out it was the races in the spherical end of my RE trackbar. :shocked:
On mine I can hear the clunk before any movement comes out of the steering box. The trac-bar was my first guess, but of coarse it couldn't be that easy.

Roads said:
On mine I can hear the clunk before any movement comes out of the steering box. The trac-bar was my first guess, but of coarse it couldn't be that easy.

I looked at all your linkages when you were steering, so I know it wasn't your trackbar. :D Figured it was before or inside of your steering box. :(

Sniggs said:
Where's those pics of your new Truck Nutz?

nutz.jpg

Can someone PLEASE explain to me what it is that makes someone want to hang balls from their truck? And what it is that makes someone want to hang balls from their key chain?

What does it represent for you?
Is it cool?

WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!
Am I just getting old?

Michael

2xtreme said:
Can someone PLEASE explain to me what it is that makes someone want to hang balls from their truck? And what it is that makes someone want to hang balls from their key chain?

What does it represent for you?
Is it cool?

WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!
Am I just getting old?

Michael

Don't know, don't care...all I know is that we freakin' sell TONS of these things. :D

Back