• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MAJOR feeler. jeep trailers

wingnutooa

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm wondering if there would be enough demand for these guys

similar to this but not as extravagant and WAY WAY cheaper.

offroadtrailer.gif

there would be mount options for jack, axe, shovels, water/gas cans, tool boxes, propane tanks, and an optional tent top setup with bows and a canvas top for sleeping in.

etc.

i cant remember the exact cost of materials, i did have it calculated out. but i think i can produce a basic jeep trailer (no accessories) for 1000$

but dont quote me on that.

they'd be setup with soft suspension including shocks 2 inch ball coupler or possibly the military style pintle hitch if requested.

wheels and tires will be the iffy part, would be cheaper to provide your own because anything i get will be what i can find off CL.

anyways you get the idea.

give me some feedback.

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea. I would definately be interested if the price was right. If the customer was to supply there own wheels\tires would they have an option on bolt patterns?

I'm definitely interested. I would love to see a bare bones off road trailer that I could add my own accessories. Something with all the provisions for the trailer pictured but no fancy stuff, just the ability to add your own. I can get my own wheels and tires and maybe other parts I have in the garage. My main obstacle is not having time to take an old military trailer and restore it and modify it, not having the space and time to make my own from regular trailer stock, and not having enough money to buy one ready out the door. If someone was to provide a reasonably priced basic trailer set-up I think they would have a winner on their hands.

Back