• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited 4DR/4WD/4.0 liter $5000

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
-One owner
-285k miles
-New OEM transmission about 2 years ago? Lost all forward motion about 1 mile from Big Bear in the snow. I bet I have only….2-3k miles on the new one?
-6 cylinder 4.0l
-no rust at all
-leather interior. All perfect except for the drivers sitting area. No one has sat in the back or passenger seat in...15 years probably?
-new tires. Michelin LTX. 235/75R15. Maybe….1500 miles on them? Nitrogen filled.
-repainted OEM in 2008. Needs some love/elbow grease. I rarely drive the thing so I rarely wash the thing.
-All OEM as far as tires/ lift etc. I did swap out the 4 wheels about 20 years ago. Hated the waffle cone wheels. Now Jeep 5 spoke ones are on it. Spare tire has OEM wheel/tire on it. Never pulled out of the hatch area at all. Never had a flat so no need.
-Good power. Never been in the engine for anything.
-limo tint glass all around. Hot here in SoCal.
-automatic trans (duh)
-AC works/blows cold. No issues. Still running R12 b/c....it works.
-Nerf tube step bars (black) on both sides. Also full wrap around front end/grill bars and rear light grills to match. All black.
-brakes front and rear have 90% left. Just checked last weekend. Lifetime warranty pads thru Meineke
-lifetime warranty shocks thru Midas
-lifetime wheel balance, rotation and alignment thru Firestone nationwide
-all door locks work with remote and inside switch
-all switches etc work. If it’s supposed to work, turn, twist, etc, it does
-new battery
-rarely off road. Took it up to the snow every year or so in Big Bear or Yosemite. Never been desert/sand/trails offroad for fun, just used in snow (I’m originally from Back East where it was driven in 4WD to work/school in the winter)
-Registered in VA with VA title, it’s never been registered in CA for smog etc

I’ll probably keep the Yakima bike roof racks on the top maybe and the rear hitch carrier for the new car. Not sure though...they might not fit my new SUV.

Fotos here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/1vu33jgq8/

Questions?

Back