• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a week off...

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
taking the next week off, and I figure its time to do some work on the rig to get it in tip top shape again. not going to do much if any body work, mostly engine and electrical clean up.
The Jeeps been running a littlw wierd lately, have a short in the 'interior lights' circuit that I will have to track down so I can have int lights and gauges again (fuze pulled for now)
Engine is a little louder, think it may be a crack in the header (Banks) as it gets very hot in engine compartment and my feet are burning anytime driving more than an hour, exhuast is very hot too, hotter than normal.
So my plans are to do a compression test to see how things look inside, perhaps repair the header or replace (warranty?) change all fluids (regular thing) flush steering fluid and change, flush brake fluid and change. I want to install a Taurus fan, single speed for now until I get my controller, remove the clutch fan of course. clean up all my added wiring and centralize it. install an overhead console, but not worried about comp working n such, just want the added lights and storage to put CB, switches and such possibly. If compass work great, if not ohwell.
I may have a few things I am forgetting, but I am just wondering if those that have done any of these have tips or thoughts to give me to make this all easier. Is there something I am forgetting that I can do while in there that would help my cause (tip top running condition is my goal)
thanks

Back