• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carnages!!

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
Someone had to have a couples of carnages!! post what you had over the weekend!

to start with, here's mine...

-2 left side Dana turdy-five axle shaft which in result a 8.25C swap in the campground
-one wheel's lugstud holes enlargened and kept losing nuts (I actually lost the tire, it rolled for about 50 yards away)
-transmission fluid loss, not sure where its leaking from but i think its leaking from the input shaft seal.

Last edited:
-2 left side Dana turdy-five axle shaft which in result a 8.25C swap in the campground

i probably would have stayed today and wheeled with you if i wasnt broke. you my friend are commited haha.

my list:
231 case exploded
bent rear bumper
lost all brake pressure

Same thing I did last time I wheeled, ripped the exhaust off.

Maybe it's time to weld that sucker...

My list:

- Dana 30 ring gear and pinion (just a guess, havent pulled it apart yet)
- Torn up rear bumper.
- Ripped mount off of bumper on the bumper side.
- Bent up the bottom of the tail gate, not too bad though.

Same thing I did last time I wheeled, ripped the exhaust off.

Maybe it's time to weld that sucker...

Or leave it that way, it sounds bad ass.

I had to rebuild a hub before the trail run or I would have lost a wheel. Other than that I have a bunch of new clunking to track down.......

Oh yea somehow I busted out my front passenger side blinker, I will never be able to drive it on the road again.

Oh yea somehow I busted out my front passenger side blinker, I will never be able to drive it on the road again.

You can still drive it on road, by using hand signals :laugh3:

My list:

- Dana 30 ring gear and pinion (just a guess, havent pulled it apart yet)
- Torn up rear bumper.
- Ripped mount off of bumper on the bumper side.
- Bent up the bottom of the tail gate, not too bad though.
Huh,.........I thought you "tore up" something else.:doh:

So far what I see...
1)Bent steering tie rod link
2)R/Fand R/R Wheel beadlock ring bent into tire
3)R/R Wheel seal pouring oil out on the way home
4)Bunch of rock rash and dents

Love the rock rash:D

Nick

busted front marker lamp and a blown out trailer tire on the way home....glad my list was short this trip! :thumbup:

I got some new pinstripes. I took it easy as usual. I think my swaybar is hitting a coil now though. :dunno:

I would have had some pretty significant rear quarter panel damage if I didn't have www.jcroffroad.com quarter panel protection.

For more information on the ultimate in XJ quarter panel protection, please visit www.jcroffroad.com for all your XJ quarter panel protection needs.

:D

Lots of clunking from the UCA bushings.

Popping steering box.

T'case is not happy. It's either the chain or the output bearing.

XJ Tess: Lost her side mirror. The exhaust hanger ripped a hole in the exhaust. Time to remove her fender flares before they take the fender with them. All kinds of new sounds. T-case leakeage.

My rig: New dent above the passenger door. Should prolly invest in HD Offroad engineering roof sliders. Cant open the rear door as good anymore.

Not much carnage Jeeps ran very well.

Back