• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 engine re-install advise

MVU2ORC

NAXJA Forum User
I am having my engine rebuilt. In order to remove the two jacked up torx head bolts I ended up pulling the engine and trans out together. My question regarding re-installation is this. Is it easier to attach both pieces of the of the motor mounts (the piece that mounts to the engine and the piece that mounts to the body) to the block first and then drop the engine in or mount the frame mounts to the frame and the engine mounts to the engine and try to get everything to line up to slide the two bolts in? Hope that makes sense?? Any other tips I need to know? Thanks for the help!

I am having my engine rebuilt. In order to remove the two jacked up torx head bolts I ended up pulling the engine and trans out together. My question regarding re-installation is this. Is it easier to attach both pieces of the of the motor mounts (the piece that mounts to the engine and the piece that mounts to the body) to the block first and then drop the engine in or mount the frame mounts to the frame and the engine mounts to the engine and try to get everything to line up to slide the two bolts in? Hope that makes sense?? Any other tips I need to know? Thanks for the help!

To answer your question, what I found easiest is installing the block plates and the mounts on the motor leaving the bolts that go through the mounts loose. Then dropping it down onto the frame mounts and moving the motor around to get the bolts lined.

Back