• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Billings 5-27

exoedxj

NAXJA Forum User
So things started off in great fashion at 630pm on the 26th, this is when I received a phone call that BlueBoar had a broken DANA60 axle shaft out on 21rd. Luckily I had a set sitting in my garage and they were able to get the rig to the house. Which made this a pretty easy and quick fix, minus running around town looking for something to knock the broken part of the axle shaft out of the carrier.
Well the 27th started off in even better fashion. As I was pulling off of Broadway and onto Monument the Jeep died. This was at about 830am, which was the time that we wanted to start running the trail. I got ahold of ColoradoCruiser to let him know that I was broke already. Once everyone was at the parking lot where my rig was broke, it was determined that the fuel pump was not building any pressure. Off to Autozone we went to get a new fuel pump and hope that this fixes the problem. Once we got back to the Jeep, Cheepin and his friend were at the parking lot as well. So how many people does it take to swap out a fuel pump? What was found was the rubber hose from the pump to the outlet line had withered away to nothing (must be something about sitting in gasoline for 20+ years that a piece of rubber doesn’t like). Thanks to everyone for the help, made this another quick and easy repair.
Well now that I have caused about a 2hr delay we were off to the trail.
The first bit of actual trail damage was to ColoradoCruiser’s rig, the Gate Keeper mated with some sheet metal and then decided that he no longer needed his driver rear tail light. Next Cheepin decided that parking his rig on its side at the Gate Keeper would be an awesome idea. Was fun to watch a very very slow motion rest to the passenger side.
The next damage was to ColoradoCruiser’s front driver leaf spring, when it decided that the main leaf wanted to break at the spring pad. Again with everyone’s help, a high lift, a ratchet strap and some electrical tape we were back at it.
Shortly after this I decided that I wanted to test the cage on my rig and laid it on the passenger side. I was amazed that I somehow was able to get all 4 wheels back on the ground with just a bit of forward driving.
Finally Cheepin’s friend wanted to try the Left line EXIT at the waterfall – this resulted in a passenger side Dana60 axle shaft snapping. I didn’t know that there was such thing as a 17 spline axle.. Crazy…
Was a great day, 5 rigs drove in and 5 rigs drove out. We all had lots of fun and it was great to meet new people.
Pics will follow as I get them all uploaded.

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0790.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

IMAG0805.jpg

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0808.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0819.jpg

IMAG0826.jpg

IMAG0829.jpg

IMAG0830.jpg

Great shots :thumbup:
That rig and trail look awesome. Maybe i can get out to those harder trails next year.

Come on down - I will run this trail any day - super fun.

T2GD - For sure!!!!

Billings Canyon in Grand Junction. It is about 30mins from my drive way. Don't even need a trailer to get there. :)

Looks like a great time. I wish Billings Canyon was closer to me, it was a fun trail.

Lets all go - I am ready to run it again. :)

I'm not, down to a rig on 32's now. Wait until I get my D44's and 35's.

I wish, I can barley afford to drive to work much less across the state, maybe soon though

Back