• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offset track bar bracket.

robbio4422

NAXJA Forum User
I’m looking to explore some options on what might be available for a trackbar bracket (frame side) that will move my track bar forward an inch or so.

I’ve been looking for a while and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. I found the ironman fab makes an offset bracket but it requires a 2.625 bushing. I’m currently running a 2” Johnny joint with an OTA bracket welded on axle side and a RE double sheer bracket. My track bar hit my stock diff cover (bolt).

I’ve looked on ruff stuff, tmr, stinkyfab, artec, barnes, iro....

My next step is to have one made for a ridiculous amount of money I’m sure... I’m really trying to avoid custom built!
6ad8cda7466ab5956b69aaaf156e000b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could find, or have someone make some spacers for the 2" JJ and then use the Ironman bracket.

I did just that on a 2" JJ that fit into a 2" bracket. The 2" JJ I used is actually about 1.6", so each of my spacers were about .2" thick. Parts Mike in Auburn, CA made the spacers up for me.

If you wanted to push the track bar even further out, just use a spacer on one side only. Use it on the backside of the JJ to push it out farther.

The track bar only needs to move forward maybe 1/8”. It just barely hits the top bolt. I could probably grind the bolt head and make it work but I don’t want clearance issues at full bump.

My JJ measures 2” exact. I considered spacers but .625 is a lot of spacer.

What do the spacers look like that you are running?

Since you only need a little more clearance, moving the axle to the rear slightly may be a possible solution...if you have adjustable arms.

If you do use a bushing a custom one shouldn't be required. Should be able to find a 9/16ID bushing at the right length. If not, cut one to size like this one... https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/3150594

The track bar only needs to move forward maybe 1/8”. It just barely hits the top bolt. I could probably grind the bolt head and make it work but I don’t want clearance issues at full bump.

My JJ measures 2” exact. I considered spacers but .625 is a lot of spacer.

What do the spacers look like that you are running?

They look like thick grade 8 washers, nicely machined. Basically same OD as the JJ inner sleeve.

A spacer of some sort would work fine for a track bar, especially if you're using a 9/16" bolt. .625 is not that much. If I'm not mistaken, the mis-alignment spacers on heim joints can be fairly thick. I don't see it as an issue, although I have never run heims and could be wrong. I just don't think a spacer would affect the integrity or strenght of the JJ.

If you run one on both sides, it's like a 5/16" spacer. That should be fine, and with the offset bracket, should give you the room that you need.

You could also modify the bracket by boxing it in a little bit to fit the JJ. Cut and weld it up.

I have the Ironman4x4 offset track bar bracket on my XJ. It moves the track bar farther out to the side, not farther forward. I can take pics of my setup if you want to see how it mounts etc.

I have the Ironman4x4 offset track bar bracket on my XJ. It moves the track bar farther out to the side, not farther forward. I can take pics of my setup if you want to see how it mounts etc.

Yes, I’d love to see how that looks. I hit up ironman4x4 and he made it sound like it did move it forward about an inch as well.

My RE drop bracket (pictured) kicks the track bar back towards the diff while staying flush to the outside against the coil. The ironman4x4 one looks like it drops straight down in the front while staying flush with the coil. Am I looking at the Ironman one wrong?
52612df285bcf3ccd0a034f781e22ea8.jpg

I ordered up the offset trackbar. I’ll have the .625 gap to fill. I’m not sure if I want the bar pushed all the way forward or if I’ll split difference and put a spacer on each side. I’m really hoping I get the clearance I’m looking for.

Offset track bar was rubbing the coil spring so I had to trim a little bit but I got it to work. Happy with the end results. Pushed it forward about an inch.
43d9d302927f27a0d7c244a3addd27a5.jpg

Thats after you moved it forward?

Looks good, curious if it has bump steer with that much length difference between track and drag.

Length isn't anywhere near as critical as the angles are, and that looks great!

Thats after you moved it forward?

Looks good, curious if it has bump steer with that much length difference between track and drag.

The new mount allowed me to lengthen the track bar 1/2” (1/4” at each end). It’s a cavfab ota track bar paired with their ota steering. The track bar was the solution to the existing bump steer.

As of right now, no bump steer at all. No wondering and no pulling. Really wish I would have pushed it forward a long time ago!

Back